Favorite Bullet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Each tour since Joshua Tree has had BTBS played and each time quite different.

What tour was your fave Bullet?

I just listened to the ZooTV version and :drool:

"four fucking hundered" and then the screams of "America" at the end...:drool:

nothing beats the Zoo TV version :drool:

ive said it before but Dirty Day - Bullet - Running - Streets is the greatest stretch of live songs ever

I still like the drums in the R&H version the best!!!

The lighyts rock too!! Bono's vocals are also better!

R&H for me!!!:drool:

Zoo TV. The burning crosses turning into swastikas, the rant against all the countries ignoring the bloodshed in Sarajevo ("Where are you England?! FUCK YOU!" - chills!), the military persona, so farking awesome.

ZooTV, hands down. U2 has never been more rocking and it's possibly Edge's best solo ever.

Popmart is a close second, though. It's similiar to the ZooTV and reminds me a lot of Rage Against the Machine :drool:

i'll be the first to say.......VERTIGO tour!!!!!
i know people will think i'm crazy, but i seriously love. the new ending makes it so errie

corianderstem said:
Zoo TV. The burning crosses turning into swastikas, the rant against all the countries ignoring the bloodshed in Sarajevo ("Where are you England?! FUCK YOU!" - chills!), the military persona, so farking awesome.
"must we let it happen again...."

yeah, that was pretty sweet. :up:

I HAVE A VISION, TELEVISION!!!
But the best version is from 2001-09-06 Boston:
WHO's THAT MAN?
MARK CHAPMAN
MARK CHAPMAN

676 000 Americans will go down from a bullet in the streets in next 20 years.
Only a second after starts With or without you

Palace_Hero said:
Zoo TV for the solo, PopMart for the rest of the song.

Amen.

Infact I'll take it one step further and take the early ZooTV idea of...

Bad->All I Want Is You->(PopMart Version)->ZooTV Solo->(PopMart techno beat ending)->Running To Stand Still.

:yes: :drool:

Neenie said:
I say Popmart bullet, in fact I'll venture out to say that popmart is far superior over Zootv in all versions of songs.

are you serious? Just doing a quick check, these are the songs they played on both the Zoo Tv and Popmart tours:

EBTTRT
Mysterious Ways
One
Until the End of the World
Bullet
Streets
Pride

I actually prefer the Zoo TV version of all of these songs.

So I guess I have the exact opposite opinion as you.

Chizip said:

EBTTRT
Mysterious Ways
One
Bullet
Streets
Pride

My opinion lies somewhere in the middle

EBTTRT - Was so much better on ZooTV it's not funny..
One - Generally was better on ZooTV - although PopMart had the occasional amazing version
Mysterious Ways - Overall I'd say it was much better on PopMart - that Mexico version is really something
UTTEOTW - ZooTV, ZooTV, ZooTV
Bullet - See my thoughts above. It's a choice between the techno ending or the f!@king amazing solo.
Pride - ZooTV.. so obviously
Streets - I thought it was so blazae on ZooTV - PopMarts techno version breathed a much needed new life into it.

Chizip said:

are you serious? Just doing a quick check, these are the songs they played on both the Zoo Tv and Popmart tours:

EBTTRT
Mysterious Ways
One
Bullet
Streets
Pride

Yes, I'm being serious. I really do hold popmart as my favorite U2 tour. I just like the popmart sound of Bullet and those songs you listed.

Chizip said:

I guess we do as I would with most people here who love Zootv :wink: Though Zootv is my third favorite tour, behind lovetown.

ZooTV. Elevation with the Mark Chapman rant a close second.

Bullet is one of my favorite songs so I will do a ranking of all the tours:

1. ZooTV
2. Elevation/Mark Chapman
3. Popmart
4. Vertigo
5. Elevation Chapman-less
6. JT/Lovetown

timothius said:

My opinion lies somewhere in the middle

EBTTRT - Was so much better on ZooTV it's not funny..
One - Generally was better on ZooTV - although PopMart had the occasional amazing version
Mysterious Ways - Overall I'd say it was much better on PopMart - that Mexico version is really something
UTTEOTW - ZooTV, ZooTV, ZooTV
Bullet - See my thoughts above. It's a choice between the techno ending or the f!@king amazing solo.
Pride - ZooTV.. so obviously
Streets - I thought it was so blazae on ZooTV - PopMarts techno version breathed a much needed new life into it.

i thought the mysterious ways for popmart was so blazae. the zootv version is the best by far in my opinion.

the reason i love streets on zootv so much was the perfect transition from rtss. it still gives me goosebumps.

yeah the transition from please was great too, but bonos voice was not that great for the popmart tour, and i think it really hurt streets. the ending during popmart was amazing though.

bonos voice was at his worst during the popmart tour, thats probably one of the reasons i like the zootv versions better.

Chizip said:
bonos voice was at his worst during the popmart tour, thats probably one of the reasons i like the zootv versions better.

True. Bono's voice does play a lot into it I suppose. Although I've tried to base my Streets vote on the actual body of the song rather than just the intro (if that were the case AIWIY would be my pick), that techno run out of the second chorus and the tag at the end just make it for me. Muscially it's bliss - vocally its forgettable.

Again I think thats where MW comes - Edge kills it on PopMart with Adam (who got a lot better on the bass from ZooTV) and I think overall the whole vibe of the song at its peak was better. It was also in a better position and worked better in the set, MW always seems out of place to a point in ZooTV.

Back
Top Bottom