Favorite B-Side of ALL TIME!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nightninja56

War Child
The b-side decade debate had me inspired to start a thread about everyone's favorite b-side of all time, spanning all eras.

I think my favorite would have to be Spanish Eyes, though I like North and South of the River, Hallelujah Here She Comes, Everlasting Love and Unchained Melody. But Spanish Eyes, just has it all for me, lyrics, music, all of it.

What do the rest of you think?:hmm:

I liked pretty much all the sides from JT and R&H period. If i gotta nail it down to one then it would have to be.........am gonna have to go say A room at the heartbreak hotel.

Deep in the heart/everlasting love/north and south of the river.. i love all those. But my favourite (if i had to pick one) would ofcourse be spanish eyes. That shouldnt have been a b-side, that should have been an album track - its too good to be just a b-side!

Spanish Eyes. It should have been a single in its own right.

Methinks Spanish eyes is gonna get a fair few votes. So am wondering, does everyone think it would do as well as Sweetest Thing did?
Am not so sure it would

everlasting love :drool:
sweetest thing :drool:

prefer the 80's sweetest thing to the 90's

I think spanish eyes would have done just aswell - i liken it to with or without you, and at the time im sure alot of people were expecting another one of these sort of songs from u2. Plus its a great song. 'i cross the world for green and gold, but its those spanish eyes that get me home..':drool:

Unchained Melody can bring me to my knees.
The Sweetest Thing was great!
Spanish Eyes just awsome.

but from those three mine would be The Sweetest Thing.

I wanted to run but she made me crawl.:drool:

I agree, the Sweetest Thing is really a great song, I think I underrate it since it was one of the first U2 songs I started to listen to

Lady with the spinning head , without question , it's probably better than lot's of A sides . In fact I find it way more enjoyable than the AB versions of Fly and Ultraviolet , which were the 2 songs that originated from it

gman said:
Methinks Spanish eyes is gonna get a fair few votes. So am wondering, does everyone think it would do as well as Sweetest Thing did?
Am not so sure it would

I think it would've done much better.

Frankly, I think it should've been on JT and been one of that album's singles, maybe Spanish Eyes instead of In God's Country.

Off the top of my head, it's SPANISH EYES. Heard it earlier today. Every time I hear it, I can't believe it wasn't an album track. I :love: Spanish Eyes...

Wey hey hey :dance:

'cause I love the way you talk to me
And I love the way you walk on me
And I need you more
Oh, than you need me

North and South of the River.

Without a doubt it should've been on Pop. Too bad Christy Moore used it first.

Ugh, this is a hard decision for me. I generally love of all of U2's b-sides, and to pick just one is killing me. My favorites would be Salome, Walk to the Water, and Spanish Eyes. Summer Rain, lyrically, also gets me everytime.

But if I had to pick just one? The Sweetest Thing

I'll put in another vote for Spanish Eyes. The Three Sunrises is a close second.

Spanish Eyes & Lady With The Spinning Head, both! Can't decide. If I had to choose, then Spanish Eyes.

MercyMercyMercyMercyMercyMercyMercy

Yeah "Mercy" is my fave.

But I also like, Flower Child, High as A Kite(Salome), Everlasting Love, Sweetest Thing, Fast Cars, Love You Like Mad, Holy Joe...

Yep I just really like b-sides in general

But Mercy is not a B-side. It's just this leaked track.

Fast Cars is not a B-side either. It's a bonus track.

fear_nothing said:
MercyMercyMercyMercyMercyMercyMercy

Yeah "Mercy" is my fave.

But I also like, Flower Child, High as A Kite(Salome), Everlasting Love, Sweetest Thing, Fast Cars, Love You Like Mad, Holy Joe...

Yep I just really like b-sides in general

what about if we excluded leaked/unreleased tracks? what would be your favorite then?

It's really hard to chose but some of my favorites are Lady With The Spinning Head, Everlasting Love, A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel, Halloelujah Here She Comes, A Celebration, and Always.

wow i totally just realized that the original b-side version of 'the sweetest thing' is much better than the 90's single version

dang :ohmy:

Either Spanish Eyes or Luminous Times, I can't decide.

Honorable mention:
Three Sunrises
Love Comes Tumbling
Satellite of Love
Walk to the Water
North and South of the River
Deep in the Heart
Big Girls Are Best

Back
Top Bottom