fave U2 song from movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Stay are both incredible songs.

Hands that built.... not so much.

HMTMKMKM is kind of fun, but not what I'd call "Great"

I can't think of many others right now either.

Million Dollar Hotel should count , the songs were made for a movie !

I choose Stateless , Dark and beautiful . :drool:

The Million Dollar Hotel stuff is great, very underrated, I wish they'd do something like that again.
Apart from that I would say Stay, one of my all time favourite songs. And Until the End of the World, both were for Wim Wenders movies.

I didnt wanna Million Dollar Hotel since it was Bono produced, still a great movie though

Wow, I didn't realize U2 songs were in so many movies. Not my fav song, but the only time I was awake during Vanilla Sky was when I heard Wild Honey.

My fav would have to be Stay.

Does anybody have a list?

unico said:

Does anybody have a list?

Assuming we are talking only about songs specifically written for the movies, I think this is the list for the most well known movie U2 songs:

Captive soundtrack in 1986, written by Edge

music for Clockwork orange in 1990 (Alex descends into hell... B-side is from that)

Goldeneye for Bond movie
Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me (both 1995) for Batman

I'm not your baby, performed with Sinead O'Connor in 1997

Ground beneath her feet, Stateless 1999 (I believe originally planned for ATYCLB) for MDH

Hands that built America 2002 for Gangs of New York

UTEOTW and Stay and The Wanderer were also featured in Wim Wenders's movies, but I think these songs appeared on U2's albums before the movies were made, although Stay and UTEOTW are different mixes and Wanderer has a few extra lines.

more U2 music in the movies can be found here

http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/sound.html

Last edited:
Hands That Built America and HMTMKMKM are both such awesome and different songs...I pick both.

Stay (Faraway, So Close!) and Until The End Of The World were both used as titles for Wim Wenders movies, although it's unclear of their origins to me, seems like they traded titles.

Has the rebeliion for MDH been sucessful yet? If not...al choose ONE TREE HILL, twas in a sean penn film yrs ago. think it was called the indian runner.

Back
Top Bottom