Fast Cars woul have fit well on POP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
Does anyone else agree?

BTW, Fast Cars is a very innovative song. I love it.

On a side note, Bono seems to get caught a little behind in one of the verses.

He does that w/ Vertigo live "swinging to the music."

Like he is trying a different pacing and it is not quite working...

Bono's vocals were pretty grand last night!

There is a hodgepodge post for ya!:blahblah:

Miami -- the only U2 song I HATE. Sorry. But there are many people who like it or love it, which is why U2 is so great!

It would be perfect on Boy between An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart. :wink:

No, I don't think so. The instruments are too obvious for Pop. :D

I love Fast Cars, but I don't think it belongs on any U2 album. (Note: I haven't heard the new album.) I think that it's truly an original.

Mark Freedman said:
Miami -- the only U2 song I HATE. Sorry. But there are many people who like it or love it, which is why U2 is so great!

The song wouldn't have worked on Pop. Trust me. It doesn't work on this album, even. It's too world-oriented and too slick and too....self-concious. Never ever ever ever ever. Great lyrics, though.....for the most part. :wink:

I have a question for one Mark Freedman, though: did you ever get to see "Miami" played live during PopMart? I did and I thought it was FAR AND AWAY the highlight of the entire show. Fucking outstanding.

there are no real discernible techno elements

...and where are they on Pop?:eyebrow:
(obviously if someone "wants" to hear something as something bad, he/she will find every weak explanation to make it real:rolleyes: )
----

Yes, Fast Cars would be perfect for Pop...
Also LAPOE, AMAAW, OSC, even Vertigo are very "Zoorapa/Pop"...
If someone thinks diferent, he/she should check those albums without biased opinions, obviously you don't know them!

...while there is actualy only one song that can be easyly on ATYCLB, that's CFYT, but this song is so great and so much better than enything from ATYCLB that I can forgive U2 their mistake...

BTW A great quote from a review from the front page:
Put simply, U2’s 11th full-length studio effort is the album that its predecessor, All That You Can’t Leave Behind (2000), was supposed to be but wasn’t. You may recall that the previous platter was hailed as a return to classic form after the questionable experimentation of Zooropa (1993) and Pop (1997)—both of which I love, by the way. Sure enough, the programmed-electronics quotient was down, and U2’s principal strengths—Bono’s passionate singing, the Edge’s chiming guitars and the supple Adam Clayton–Larry Mullen Jr. rhythm section—were back up front. But though the sounds were right, the spirit was wrong; too much of the album seemed empty and disconnected, as if the band members were all playing in different rooms.
Finaly!! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom