Fast Cars on UK album edition?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corner

Acrobat
Hey there fellow U2 fanatics!

Could somebody please confirm whether Fast cars will feature on the UK edition of HTDAAB? It should be pretty obvious but two of the biggest British music Journals are contradicting each other about this detail
Q magazine (and I've heard on Radio 1 as well) are of the opinion that the track will feature on the new album wheras NME are convinced that this is not the case. After reviewing the album through its sequential track-listing and arriving at "Yahweh" it states:

"And if you live in the UK or America, that's it. Because Bono's left a ticking bomb of his own. Japanese versions of the album will end with 'Fast Cars', a dazzling song...denying the western world a song this good can only be a subtle f*ck-you."

In addition to this Cdwow.co.uk are only listing the album with 11 tracks. So what's the story then? You would think it would be a simple uncontroversial issue, so close to the release date.

Anybody that can put me in the light here is a star! ;)

Andy

Yea it's on the UK, Japan and Irish albums as well as in the boxsets and on vinyl everywhere on the planet.............

Thanks ZeroDude!!!

I must admit a small panic set in when I read this week's NME...but not to worry now.

Cheers mate.:wave:

Why do bands include extra tracks for UK /Japan, but not give US the track?

what is the reasoning?

Thanks 2 U as well Danny Boy - that's bolstered my confidence now although I have suddenly found that I've lost a great deal of faith and respect for NME and its confused editors...
Never mind, bring on a week on Monday I say...still haven't heard any of the new album other than Vertigo and starting to wonder if I'll be able to withstand the tortuous wait of the next few days? I reckon this could be a challenge that is beyond me. :yikes:

You'll probably love the new album or think it's class, waiting they say makes things more rewarding although i always would just go for it...................

Hey there Clerk...its a mystery to me mate. I have no idea why record companies have a system of favouring some countries by including 'bonus tracks' over other countries. At least...I would like to think its a decision that is made by the record company, and not by the band. But what justifies this, I cannot think to the life of me.
Actually, this reminds me of another really annoying thing that record companies sometimes do with bands these days. They release an album to come out which the big fans are quick to snap up and then a while later (maybe a few months), they re-release it with an extra track or 2. Snow Patrol, Turin Brakes, Elbow and many others are guilty of this (or the powers that control their marketing anyway) and its a real "f*ck you" to those fans that were so quick to shell out their cash for the first editions of the cds. :shame:
And that's my wee rant for the week over and done with.:silent:

Back
Top Bottom