Fast Cars On Special Edition!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 'deluxe' or 'special edition' or whatever can also be bought at stores, right? Or are these only available by special order?

I thought about pre-ordering these, but all the places said they put it in the mail when these albums become available...and they're not becoming available until the 23rd. Though you can choose to have them couriered to you (sometimes costs up to $15US extra).

I checked some stores today in Holland and most will have the regular version and the deluxe version with booklets and "fast cars". Cool.

on Amazon.com the collector's edition comes with the cd, dvd and book, but no "Fast Cars". is there a way of getting the cd/dvd/book and fast cars in one package in USA?

I have pre ordered this from amazon, does this have the booklet?

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb [CD + DVD] [Box Set] [LIMITED EDITION]
U2

Our Price: £16.99

nuke126 said:
on Amazon.com the collector's edition comes with the cd, dvd and book, but no "Fast Cars". is there a way of getting the cd/dvd/book and fast cars in one package in USA?

Honestly I don't think Amazon.com has any idea yet of what is what.

I've checked their site almost daily since they first put the CD on preorder and they've put on and then taken off descriptions, changed the prices, put the cover picture on then took it off, had the tracklisting on the regular CD then took it off, then put the tracklisting on the limited edition etc, etc.

In other words I trust the product details on Amazon.com as much as I trust MTV's TV schedule.

Also, when i first heard about the special edition with the DVD, it made it sound like there were 4 acoustic songs that were new. But this description makes it pretty clear that there are 4 songs from the album done acoustically. Oh well. I thought it was too good to be true.

When I met Bono on Monday, I asked him if Fast Cars will be on the box set and he told me "Yes it is, do you like that one?" And I said "Well I haven't heard it yet, but I can't wait" and he smiled and said "Darling, watch out for Mercy, you will love it, its one of my favorites". :love:
I wanted to post it here somewhere.....but I wasnt sure if he knew what he was talking about forsure!!! :lol:

The news article at U2achtung says that they had confirmation from Universal that Fast Cars would be on the CD+DVD+booklet version, but NOT on the CD, or the CD + DVD version that will be sold in France. Keep in mind this is Universal France, there is a possibility exact versions will vary from country to country.

Still, I think if the track will be on the special edition ( the most expensive one) in France, it will probably be the same everywhere. Well, I hope...

I had tea and crumpits with the ol chap just last night...i still have the 'crumbs from [my] table' if you want them :lol:

shart1780 said:
Did he seem pretty short? LOL

Yeah my boyfriend, mom and friend who all watched from a short distance all think he is 5'5 or 5'6 .... and he had giant platforms on again too :lol:
Both him and Edge looked quite thin to me too, they must be getting in shape for the new tour.....

sue4u2 said:

I believe the CD's will be inserted inside the cover of the book. But don't quote me on that. Things keep changing as we speak.
:wink:

hm... so if i buy the book version, i won't get the real cd box? Just some paper...
not sure if i'm satisfied with that...

Back
Top Bottom