Fast Cars on HTDAAB Everywhere plz!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
From what NME said, we need it, could be the best song ever................................................

I didn't mind not having TGBHF on ATYCLB, because I could find it on the MDH soundtrack. But where else is Fast Cars available?! Don't make me buy the Japanese version, U2!! :wink:

It was great having GBHF on the UK ATYCLB..I really think it should have been included with all versions of the album; it fits in well!

I believe from seeing on hmv.co.uk that Fast Cars is going to be on the UK version as well. Sometimes itunes will have something like avalible as a download.

We need to get the Edge in here and voice our concerns about this to him. I'm sure he has some influence.

I don't know why they would give a country an exclusive track. Maybe to help boost album sales in that perticular market. Maybe U2 feels that it would help them get #1 album position in the UK. Just a guess.

After I heard that it has a Middle Eastern influence I got really excited. Alsom that review said it's darn good. What's not to be excited about?

EvolutionMonkey said:

The Ground Beneath Her Feet, it was on the UK ATYCLB but not the American one. I don't know why those bastards get all the extra songs. :wink:

Cos North America get all the extra shows :wink: :D

Wait, I'm confused. U2 makes it sound like it's bad to have filler. So basically they're saying Fast Cars would make the album worse for us North Americans, right?

If that's true, then how can Fast Cars be a bonus? Is a bonus a good thing or a bad thing? If fast cars is a good song then let us hear it on the album, if it's a bad song then Japan (or whoever) is getting the sour end of the deal according to the band(though I'd beg to differ).

ground beneath her feet was an awesome song.. if it was on *all* ATYCLB cd's, it probably would bring up my rating of the album

bcrt2000 said:
ground beneath her feet was an awesome song.. if it was on *all* ATYCLB cd's, it probably would bring up my rating of the album

i dont think the song really fits with the theme or overall sound of ATYCLB, even though its an amazing song

Japan gets them beacuse its cheaper to import CDs than to buy the locally made ones.

Down under, a couple of the ATYCLB singles had an extra track on them than you guys probably because YOU GOT TO SEE THEM!!!!!!!!!

Im also hoping the australian version (since ATYCLB had TGBHF) we will get FC

Jeez these acronyms SUCK!

I'm going to sound like a spoiled brat American if I say I want Fast Cars....because it is true we get the shows. But the review said Fast Cars was a beast, not just fluff. I suppose I could download it from somewhere :angel:

Guys, obviously the band doesn't think "Fast Cars" fits into the album, regardless of how good it might be. A lot of U2's best songs have been b-sides; just look at the impressive second disc of the first Best Of.

I have no doubt that "Fast Cars" will show up as a b-side on a future single release, and perhaps it'll even be available to download via iTunes when the album goes up.

Let the album be as it is; you'll hear "Fast Cars" eventually.

The reason that markets such as Japan and the UK tend to get bonus tracks is because often times, for multiple reasons, it is easier and cheaper to buy imports (say, North American imports) than it is to buy the domestic version. By including a bonus track (i.e. Holy Joe, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Fast Cars) the domestic market is encouraged to buy the domestic product. It's simply economical and frequently bands, even bands as big as U2, have a say in which extra song is included, but not as to whether or not an extra song is included in the first place. It's the record companies' decision.

james

the damned album is titled the way it is because of a lyric from fast cars, so that would pretty much cancel out the assumption that its irrelevant to the album

t8thgr8 said:
the damned album is titled the way it is because of a lyric from fast cars, so that would pretty much cancel out the assumption that its irrelevant to the album

Irrelevant, no. But again, the song must not gel well with the rest of the material.

Everyone will eventually hear it, so don't worry too much.

don't bands/artists add bonus tracks to all japanese releases as they are shit hot expensive over there? it's an incentive

"shit hot" hahahaha

well if thats the case, homer, they shouldve named the album something else.

that wouldve been like naming the joshua tree "heartleand"

Back
Top Bottom