Fast cars/Mercy future

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
So far, the only confirmed original B-side is Are you gonna wait forever.
But the title Fast cars is mentioned to be on Japan version of the album :down: , while Mercy is yet to be placed, it seems. (until I read the Blender photos thread today, I had no idea it exists)

Do you think that those songs will be available any other way - for example the way Holy Joe was on Japanese version of POP but was still a B-side elsewhere, and Summer rain/Ground beneath her feet was on some versions of ATYCLB but it was still a B-side/on MDH soundtrack.

I hope those two get to be B-sides too.

Last edited:
From the Blender pictures thread:

This song is about 6 and a half minutes of pure U2. It got cut from the final tracklisting and so did "Fast Cars." Bono thought it was too long at about 1 hour and it didn't really flow.

Blender review:

"Mercy", a six and a half minute outpouring of U2 at its most uninhibitedly U2-ish.….becomes what Bono immediately anoints “the best B-side you’ve ever heard.”

13 songs? 1 hour? :ohmy:

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard it will be a b-side to Miracle Drug along with that other 6 and 1/2 minute opus "Levitate."
And the Japanese release will also feature "Sparky's Left the Planet" and "Nosejob."

We'll probably never hear it folks. If they were going to release it why isn't it the b-side to Vertigo?

They probably don't want to blow their musical wad upfront and save some of the better tracks for b-sides. That way, we can go, "Why wasn't that on the album?" (like Oasis and their b-sides)

I would like to believe that the future singles of the Bomb will contain Fast Cars and Mercy as B-sides. I might hold off looking for that Japanese import until more commercial single releases come out. And who knows, maybe later U2 will release a "U2 7" type of thing again. I love that cd a lot.

For now, I'll purchase the cd singles, the LP and the limited edition cd/dvd/book set.

Back
Top Bottom