Fast Cars, Mercy and Smile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
When were all these songs released? Are Mercy and Smile b-sides to HTDAAB like ALways, Summer Rain etc were to ATYCLB?

Is there someone out there nice enough to send me and mp3 of Fast Cars?

Fast Cars was released with HTDAAB as a bonus track in some countries, such as Australia, the UK, and Japan. It also appeared on all worldwide editions of HTDAAB in the CD+DVD+Book set.

Smile was released with the iTunes Rarities package in 2004 as a HTDAAB Sessions out-take.

Mercy leaked from an unknown source and has currently not seen an official release.

Axver said:
Fast Cars was released with HTDAAB as a bonus track in some countries, such as Australia, the UK, and Japan. It also appeared on all worldwide editions of HTDAAB in the CD+DVD+Book set.
I don't think it was on the Aussie one. I bought it here and only got 11 songs. :(

But its okay though, cos I just spent another $60 and bought the special edition.

I :heart: wasting money.

Let's just hope Mercy never shows up as a b-side. If it makes it onto the next album, it will be an instant classic.

Lancemc said:
Let's just hope Mercy never shows up as a b-side. If it makes it onto the next album, it will be an instant classic.

A B-side would be better than nothing though. It's a travesty that "Mercy" is just floating around out there. It is one of my favorite U2 songs...definitely in my top 10. Not that I can ever decide on a solid top 10, but if I had to...it would be there!

Bonochick said:

A B-side would be better than nothing though. It's a travesty that "Mercy" is just floating around out there. It is one of my favorite U2 songs...definitely in my top 10. Not that I can ever decide on a solid top 10, but if I had to...it would be there!

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Well, If Original of the Species is the last single from the album, there's really only one more chance of Mercy being a b-side, so I guess we'll know soon enough.

Axver said:

Smile was released with the iTunes Rarities package in 2004 as a HTDAAB Sessions out-take.

Mercy leaked from an unknown source and has currently not seen an official release.

Axver, you seriously are like a walking book of U2 Facts. :wink:

Axver said:

Thanks for the info!:)

I was actually wondering what the deal was with all those songs. Personally I absolutely love Mercy. I won't ever forget the first time I heard it, I knew from the first time that this song is an instant classic, and I would be listening to this song for a very, very long time.

It stays true to this day.

I think it's a bit of a shame they released their good b-sides from this album in an i-tunes format where you had to spend 150 bucks to get them.

I love how Mercy like, doesn't exist. I had to do a presentation on a "poet" for English and I chose Bono (of course) and we had to read our favourite poem (or lyrics in this case) and at the time I was infatuated with Mercy, so I was like "And so I'm going to read the lyrics to Mercy, good look finding the song 'cause it's not on any album or anything" and everyone was like ":huh:" so I tried to explain how I got it through a U2 fansite from some people that had downloaded it from someone who had gotten the CD from a friend who had gotten the CD from Bono and everyone was even more like ":huh:"

Yeah, Mercy had better be on a fuckin' album, man.

i thought you were going to say that since it wasnt a real song that you were going to turn in the lyrics as your own poem for english class :wink:

i had a friend turn in some u2 lyrics as his own poetry for english class before and the teacher never caught on

Actually it was Queen Bee
down.gif

Chizip said:
i thought you were going to say that since it wasnt a real song that you were going to turn in the lyrics as your own poem for english class :wink:

i had a friend turn in some u2 lyrics as his own poetry for english class before and the teacher never caught on

Did he get good grades?:wink:

Chizip said:

Well my teacher was extra dumb so I'm sure I COULD have done that...I can see it now... "Great job on your poem One, could use some revision. The line 'we're one but we're not the same' was repeated too much. What do you mean when you say 'love is a temple?' B." and I'd be like "YOU JUST GAVE ONE OF THE GREATEST SONGS OF ALL TIME A B, YOU WENCH."

yeah. word.

AtomicBono said:

Well my teacher was extra dumb so I'm sure I COULD have done that...I can see it now... "Great job on your poem One, could use some revision. The line 'we're one but we're not the same' was repeated too much. What do you mean when you say 'love is a temple?' B." and I'd be like "YOU JUST GAVE ONE OF THE GREATEST SONGS OF ALL TIME A B, YOU WENCH."

yeah. word.
:lmao:

Bart - "Stupid wench!" :laugh:

I doubt very much it will be on the next album (rumoured to be called "I sure do love Jesus...Most of the Time:D). In fact it would kind of wreck it because we have all already heard it.

AtomicBono said:

:lol:

COBL_04 said:

I doubt very much it will be on the next album (rumoured to be called "I sure do love Jesus...Most of the Time:D). In fact it would kind of wreck it because we have all already heard it.

Yeah, but the current version needs to be mastered. The bass is in the weeds, while mid highs are too much, there's tons of hiss. I love the song, but putting this take on an album would give us a better copy, and significantly increase the likelyhood that they'd play it.

Still, my fantasy is that they pull it out and play it while it's unreleased. I think that it'd still go over well. the song is that good.

neutral said:
I've had someone send me lyric snippets from really well-known songs and try to pass them off as their "love poems". Like I wouldn't pick up on lyrics from say, WOWY or Beautiful Day? :scratch:

my stalker did that to me, but used lyrics from sometimes you can't make it on your own... she was crushed when i told her that the song is about his dad dying and not a love song. i laughed.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

my stalker did that to me, but used lyrics from sometimes you can't make it on your own... she was crushed when i told her that the song is about his dad dying and not a love song. i laughed.

:lol:

Bonochick said:

I agree completely:yes: I wouldn't go as far as saying it would be in my top ten, but it would be my favorite song of htdaab

Can somebody please give me a link where i can download smile, levitate, love you like mad and flower child.
Thanks Adam

Back
Top Bottom