Fast Cars, Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the most lyrically satisfying song on the album and the most adventurous. I wonder if it augurs a return to more innovative U2 (Arab influenced flamenco guitar?) that didn't care about the mainstream so much that it compromised its art.

I wish Bono wouldn't invite people to dance on stage with him. So tacky. Bono should be plucking the other guitar's notes instead.

thumbing through the other youtube videos the guy has in addition to fast cars brought me once again to the johnny cash wanderer tribute performance. the ending of that version gets my vote for absolute best in a long line of edge backup singing. his falsetto at the end never fails to uplift me. what a talented individual. just saying.

Am I the only one who has a really hard time listening to Fast Cars?

Not because I don't like the tune, but because I just think Xanax & Wine kicks too much ass to be transformed into something else.

It's the most lyrically satisfying song on the album and the most adventurous. I wonder if it augurs a return to more innovative U2 (Arab influenced flamenco guitar?) that didn't care about the mainstream so much that it compromised its art.

Flamenco guitar is arabian?? :scratch:

i agree he should play the extra guitar parts for some songs. IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!? god DAMMIT. New York suffered because of Bono i hate him so so MUCH.

The Party girl of the 00's - the rarity that is fun to play live.

I feel it's out of place on Bomb, they originally wanted to end the album with this song.

I have both editions of the Bomb. I love Fast Cars, but I always felt it shouldn't end the album. Fast Cars coming after Yahweh seemed to be very out of place to me. Anyway, it's great live, more fun than anything, but it has an amazing rhythm and the lyrics are also good.

Back
Top Bottom