Fast Cars and Canary in a Coalmine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
<pulls out Zenyatta Mondatta...>

I dont really see the comparison when it comes to the music. The guitars are very middle eastern influenced to me with Fast Cars, but Bono's vocal delivery is a little similar to Sting's on this track.

Yes, I'm only talking about the cadence of the vocal track. Sorry, I should have been more clear on that ;-)

When I first heard Fast Cars, I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what song it reminded me of. Then I realized it was Canary ... I'm a huge Police fan from way back.

No worries, I'm not claiming it's a rip off - just wondering it I'm the only one who thought it sounded similar. I can be a bit wonked until I get the caffeine coursing through my veins

AtomicLemon said:
Is it just me, or do these songs sound a LOT alike?
It's not just you...my first impression of this song was the sound of a Middle Eastern U2 cover band doing a cover Canary in Coal Mine...strange, but I really like it.

I was laying in bed last night thinking..."what Police song does the loop of Fast Cars sound like?" I came up with Bombs Away, but Canary in a Coalmine is more like it. Must've confused those two songs some how.

Funny to see someone else felt the same way.

I have no idea but Fast Cars is AMAZING! This is ground-breaking U2. Can't wait to hear the whole song.

(I've been listening to the loop for about 12 hours straight now.)

I've stated this in other threads before, so I'll quote myself, "I'm as comfortable listening to Bryan Adams as Sigur Ros."

If I like something, I like it. I'm not going to shun it because others criticize my taste. (or lack thereof)

Back
Top Bottom