Fast Cars - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:59 AM
I got the UK import just for this song. Yahweh is a better album closer, but Fast Cars is a great song. I usually listen to it separately, rather than with the rest of the album anyway. Some parts of Xanax & Wine are better, but the majority of the music in Fast Cars is better. I love them both

Old 04-07-2006, 12:22 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
I got the UK import just for this song. Yahweh is a better album closer, but Fast Cars is a great song. I usually listen to it separately, rather than with the rest of the album anyway. Some parts of Xanax & Wine are better, but the majority of the music in Fast Cars is better. I love them both

Xanax and Wine is more of a straightforward rock song, it's a good song to listen to while you're hyper, lol... but Fast Cars is ultimately more interesting. I enjoy both. And I never think of bonus tracks as album closers, I think of them as just that - bonus tracks. though Fast Cars is better than some of the songs on HTDAAB, I think. but I have a copy of it and they played it live, so I'm not upset that they left it off the album.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
I got the UK import just for this song.
haha, me too

not a great closer but is one of my U2 favorites of their last 2 works
Old 04-07-2006, 03:11 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Fast Cars is a great song, the sound is so interesting, really caught my attention after my first listen. Xanax and Wine is also a great rock song but I just find Fast Cars much more interesting overall
Old 04-07-2006, 03:31 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:59 PM
Great song, shame they didnt put it on as a bona fide track, like Ground Beneath Her feet on ATYCLB its as good as any other song on the album.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:14 AM   #21
Refugee

Fast Cars was the most interesting and unique song to come out of the HTDAAB sessions. It didn't fit on that album because it was too good. That's my opinion anyway. It was way too edgy, and I mean edgy in a true sense of the word, not faux-edgy like Vertigo or Love and Peace Or Else. Fast Cars definitely tops Xynax and Wine. I know X&W probably was the first version of Fast Cars, but to me it sounds the other way around, like they were trying to come up with something too deep and Mercy-like with Fast Cars. Somehow this wasn't the case, and I'm glad they trimmed the long overdone parts of Xynax and came up with the quirky to-the-point Fast Cars that you hear today. "Iiiii know these fast caarrrrs...will do me no good". Awesome hook. Totally atypical U2 melody in my opinion. Sounds like a western, maybe Johnny Cash type tune.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:59 AM
Fast Cars was the most atypical and the best U2 song from the HTDAAB sessions. It should have been included on the regular US version of the album. I was lucky enough to hear it live twice on the Vertigo tour.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:59 AM
Re: Fast Cars

Quote:
Originally posted by Hornbag
Am I the only one that hates the song? or are there others? Does everyone outside the UK like it jusr 'cause it's a bonus track? It really annoys me...for me a horrible album closer after Yahweh
dont ya hate it when you start an unappreciation thread and it turns into an appreciation thread
Old 04-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #24
New Yorker

Man shame on u , Fast Cars is super , and it's fucking amazing live , well at least the ones I got to hear , Bono and Edge were on fire , I felt a bit disappointed , they didn't play the concert I attended , Fast Cars is just great.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:15 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:59 AM
Fast Cars is pretty cool. I also favor Xanax and Wine though. Sometimes Fast Cars seems really cheesy to me with all the little WOOOOOAAHs and WOOOOOPs but I guess that's what people here probably like about it alot. I think it's just a silly fun song. In my opinion though it doesn't fit on HTDAAB, it's really out of place to me.

still I will now dance to it
Old 04-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

:unappreciate:

Honestly, I don't really like it either. It's a little too cheesy for me. Same with Xanax and Wine. I'm not fond of either.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #27
New Yorker

I think its a good song. Not the best from the album.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

It's a nice, fresh sounding song - that said, I feel they should have left it for the next album (just like, I assume, Mercy).

It reminds me of Party girl in that it's a popular live song (yet not well known among fans), and a bit of Mysterious ways in that it's very dance-able.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 09:59 AM
I don't hate it but I'll admit I liked it alot more when I first heard it. the appeal has definately worn off a bit and I agree that it'a a terrible way to end the album after Yaweh. I didn't care to much for the live performnace when the played it in New York(Oct, 8th). Xanax and Wine would've been much cooler on the labum say after Crumbs or something.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:59 AM
Xanax and Wine> fast cars