fanzines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
So the boyfriend and I went to Cleveland last weekend [great exhibit, lots of fun!]. part of the U2 exhibit includes fanzines and as I was looking at them, I started picking some out. I have that one, I have this one. Don't subscribe anymore but had some great ones during the early '90s.

So does anyone remember A.D.A.M.? Or The Fly? Or Deep in the Heart [run by some middle school friends]? and if so, anyone know what happened to those people? Claude Flowers and my friend Kristin? Dreaming Out Loud and Jenny Lieb? Heaven and Hell and Jenny Williams [to seems to have contributed alot to the exhibit]?

And of course, what were and are your faves? i would like to get a few again.

Hello,

I was a subscriber to Collectormania, which was a really great fanzine. Good articles, excellent live reports (the editor later published the book U2 Live: A Concert Documentary). The issues appeared very irregularly, but I didn't mind that much because the quality was really excellent. Later, the magazine went up into The Zooropean, which was a horrible fanzine, like a would-be Propaganda but without the connections.
I still have the issues (in fact, next to me is the first issue of Collectormania, as I needed it for some research).

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom