FANTASTIC picture on the Sometimes single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge so totally has his father's eyes. Wow. And Adam and his father have The Posh.

Does anyone know if the Sometimes single will be released in Canada, or is it time to turn to ebay?

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
hey, will the dvd single play on American dvd players? I made a mistake once with a Coldplay single/dvd that I bought on Amazon.UK, it would not play on my DVD player so I had to return it.

No. The dvd player in my computer will play anything but my regular dvd player will only play stuff from the US/Canada.

I can't believe how much Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam look like their fathers. Wow. You can just tell who's father is who's without even asking.

TheFlyOnTheWall said:
When was that photo taken? :eyebrow:
Judging by the second photo, it was a Pop-era shoot.

And yeah, this is brilliant. Almost a shame such a wonderful picture was "wasted" on a fairly obscure release.

Last edited:
pepokiss said:
In order (and just by looking at them), from left to right

LARRY's dad, ADAM's dad, BONO's dad, THE EDGE's dad

what's even more impressive is that BOB and BONO don't look that alike... I mean.. LOOK AT EDGE's DAD... they're that same

I disagree - I was easily able to discern the father-son pairs. Granted, Bono's dad was "easy" due to the shades, but if you look at Bono's and Bob's mouth, jaw and eyes, you see the similarities. Same general features are present with the other father-son pairs, which made it easy for me to match them.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
hey, will the dvd single play on American dvd players? I made a mistake once with a Coldplay single/dvd that I bought on Amazon.UK, it would not play on my DVD player so I had to return it.

Some US DVD players will, but only if it is capable of PAL to NTSC conversion. My Philips player plays PAL DVDs just fine.

Region coding is usually not an issue with these singles.

Axver said:
Edge so totally has his father's eyes. Wow.

I was just about to say the same thing! It's incredible how alike they are. Now we know what Edge'll look like when he's older... And baldness is apparently an inherited thing in the Evans family. :wink:

Fantastic picture. :up:

U2Kitten said:
Adam's dad looks younger and hotter than he does :drool: ;)

:lol: the sad thing is, I almost agree. He DOES actually look younger, in that photo at least...scary.

they really do look a lot like their dads... so, this single is only in the UK right now, correct? Will the same one come to America after ABOY? 'cause I want this...

username said:
I can't believe how much Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam look like their fathers. Wow. You can just tell who's father is who's without even asking.

I know.

But that second picture, it looks kind of CGI; is it "real"?

It would be cool to know what the enviornment in that shoot must've been like. :hmm:

Awesome picture. I'm surprised it hadn't surfaced here before. :scratch:

Last edited:
That's because it's only just been released. Check Anton's new book out for lots of new old pics.

Back
Top Bottom