Fans to produce U2,s new album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
producer me(shaun)
theme. SEX DRUGS & ROCK&ROLL.

YES this should be the theme for the new album.
some kick arss rock&roll,

there will be no, No pop songs on this record.
the record will have songs that rock 100% more than electrical storm which was a pop rock song.

ill also get the band in shape. and dress them in some rock&roll clothes. yes bono has bad taste in clothes.

if any one wants to produce with me , tell me what you got?

first off, all 4 members shave their heads like edge. gives them an angry militant look to go along with a hard rockin' album. No song is softer than Exit. Bono will not sing any high Woo Hooos like in Elevation and Bad. Lots of metalic drum sounds like Zoo Station or The Fly. Along with Edge, Larry will go off - his time to shine again like The War album. I want a pissed off U2.

They definitely don't need help with their clothes. I like when they wear all black stuff, especially The Edge. I really wish The Edge could dress more like the way he dressed when he went to that premiere of Gangs Of New York (not the Oscars). Sometime this year or the end of last year (can?t remember) Bono had his hair longer than ever since Rattle And Hum, he should let his hair grow kinda like that, maybe a little longer than The Fly. Larry should let his hair grow longer, just a bit longer that the one he had during Zoo TV. Adam should either have that Mohawk back or let his hair grow like during The Unforgettable Fire but don?t bring back that bushy looking thing please. Edge should keep his beanie.

Now on the sound of this new album..... it would be a heavy metal/hard rock/garage album!!!! Most of U2's rock songs are mid-tempo, this album would be 80% up-tempo!!! Most of U2 ropckier songs builds into one hell of a climax in the end (Gone, Last Night On Earth, Bullet The Blue Sky, Until The End Of The World, Exit) that?s one of the things I like the most on their songwriting style and I think they should still do that but most of those songs that build in the end either start slower or are slower during the verses, they should stop that and make the song more frantic during the verses. And the drums would in a lot of case be like Badlands from Bruce Springsteen! I would make them listen to a lot of Metallica (specially Master Of Puppets and The Black Album) and Black Sabbath (Master Of Illusions and Paranoid). Those songs are very well constructed, great songwriting all around!!

:edge: A lot of aggression coming from Edge's guitar, really angry and nasty shit! Riffs like the ones on The Fly, I Will Follow, Bullet The Blue Sky, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me and to name other bands riffs maybe riffs like Metallica?s Seek And Destroy, Master Of Puppets, something like Black Sabbath?s After Forever and Children Of The grave or like Murder Inc. from Springsteen. Guitar epics and really well worked song structures from the guitars like The Electric Co. and Until The End Of the World. Maybe middle sections with a whole new riff like Black Sabbath! U2's middle sections are usually slow, that's cool but lets have a new riff!! There's nothing wrong about doing some solos as long as they keep you interested and Edge's solos always keep me interested, his solos on BTBS and The Fly are the standard here but I would make him try a bit faster stuff but as melodic as before, just let him improvise a lot and see what would happened. Let him be a normal guitar player in this department for once.

:bono: A lot of anger from Bono's voice and lyrics, he would write about some pretty disturbing images like Last Night On Earth, Bullet The Blue Sky, Until The End Of The World, Gone, The Fly and Sunday Bloody Sunday!! Africa would be his fuel for anger here. Bono knows how to deliver good and interesting chorus and how to sing the songs in the right way to what Edge is playing. One of the great things about Mick Jagger is that you can totally feel that he is going crazy at the microphone when you listen to The Stones? albums, I want the same from Bono! More shouting like he did on God Part II, in the end of Hawkmoon 269 (that?s great by the way) or like how he sings Sunday Bloody Sunday live!! He would have that Travis Bickle kind of attitude throughout the whole album!

:larry: From Larry a lot of attack but Larry doesn?t really need help, he has ALWAYS been an aggressive drummer and you know the way he plays at the end of Last Night On Earth (live), that's how a lot of the songs would be like for most of the time not just in the end, heavy hitting and smashing the cymbals like a fucking madman that he is!! And some crazy time changes to keep the songs more dynamic and interesting too! Maybe experiment something with a double bass during some moments of the songs kinda like God Part II but Larry wasn?t using double bass on the song though it just feels like he is.

:adam: The same for Adam, keep coming with original stuff like he always has instead of just coping Edge's guitar like most of the bass players out there do. This man needs no guidance. But I would ask for more riffs like the ones on Last Night On Earth, New Year's Day, Mofo and Dirty Day!!

Aggression and anger are the main feelings here!! I love this thread.:applaud:

An amalgamation of War/Joshua Tree eras and All That You Can't Leave Behind.

I agrere with Numbology with this one! A mix of boy/war/achtung would be quite good!!!

Remember, Bono said this album will be about singles and rawness and Edges angry guitar.

I think we sill see some of the less common song structues and such that was mentioned, but not so much on the singles!!!

I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!:drool:

Numb1075 said:
Mr Brau, you would be happy with an album with Kite and Walk On in different incarnations?

Not copies of those songs, but the feel.
Those 2 songs in particular showcase U2 at their best. Every instrument is represented, hell, you can even hear the acoustic guitar on each.
I just think it's a dignified sound. U2 would sound silly doing a Stroke/Vines type youth thing, their in their 40's for christs sake. I hope the record showcases great songs over rock style.

stroke's and the vines are rock music for the kids.
they actuall suck.

the darkness and velvet revolver are real rock bands!

u2 does not have to sound like them but for the love of god crank up that AMP!

DANGEROUS is the key word here.

sex drugs & rocknroll.

ishkash said:
Come September, I see lots of angry people.

:lmao:

yep.
it's not going to rock nearly as hard as people here think....it'll be ATYCLB but a little rawer, with a couple more rocking songs.

shaun vox said:

the darkness and velvet revolver are real rock bands!

if the darkness is real rock and roll, then I guess I've never been a fan of rock and roll.

guess I prefer the really loud folk bands.

Actually, U2, REM, & Springsteen are the REAL rock bands. Everyone else is a trend or style monger. Well, except for Tool, nobody rocks like Tool.

if it was up to me I'd let the production depend on the kind of songs they actually wrote

because nothing sounds more stupid than to try and make a song that in its essence does not "rock" to sound like a "rock" song

I don't think I know of producers who decide how the band should dress up so I would leave that one up to their management and themselves

I will call this extravagant method of production: logic

JOFO - I agree, it'll end up sounding like ATYCLB, but maybe one or two heavier melodies this time.

MrBrau - I agree, not many rock harder than Tool. That is a band that does not get enough credit.

I think the key to the great U2 record is balance. 8 or 9 songs like Exit or HMTMKMKM would suck. They need 3-4 big rock tunes (Exit, Elevation, Fly, HMTMKMKM). 2-3 of those intense passionate tunes(Kite, Gone, Walk On), 1 or 2 big ballads (One, Stuck, Stay), 1 quirky/playful number (Lemon, In A Little While, Playboy Mansion), and the somber closer (WUDM, Grace). Who knows.

Rock is many things to many people, and U2 is a style and brand of rock that is like no other. I don't really think that U2 will grace us with a Vines style album, nor will we hear a Darkness/Gn'R type of album either.

What I'd like to hear is a War/AB mix. Where the guitar and drums are up in the mix and the bass is fat and carrying the tune. Bono can figure out how to sing on top of that. Yes, give me some aggressive guitar playing by the Edge, but give me some structure and melody and catchy choruses too. Give me Elevation, but dirtier, give me Lemon, but harder, give me please, but even more guitar. That's what I want.

more rage & militancy than war. more depth and despair than achtumg baby. more soul than atyclb. That's the killer album.

Back
Top Bottom