Fan Reaction to New U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
man, web broswers suck! heh! I know that developing for netscape, ie, safari, mozilla, aol, etc can be a pain..
I do sites for a living and when you take into account all the different browsers and then pc and mac compatability, well, its gets kinda rough.
Thing is, you test for a few days at least on a development server before you go live.
I know they are doing their best over there, so i am cutting them some slack. The design complaints though, i just don't get. It looks EXACTLY like the album artwork. It's easy to navigate, lighting fast on a broadband connection and has tons of video and audio as well as a underutilized web board. What else do you want from a band site?

Fonts, Colours, Getting-around-ability...

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH

I'm amazed that seeing as this is the third launch of u2.com, they still can't make it easy to use.

:mad:

It's not compatable with firefox (oversized fonts and black on black text...) which is to me a huge problm since that's the browser I use. I really hope they fix that, but for some reason I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I like the design, but I think it's lame how they keep saying things like "Word has it that the tour is going to be announced very soon" and "All the news we could find".......isn't this supposed to be the band's official site? LOL

The sites absolutely fine by me. It fills my simple needs. It's got what a fan needs to know, is easy to get around and looks good.

I don't need the next virtual reality bono hologram in my living room (although I wouldn't say no) - I just need to be able to know everything important that's happening, meet and chat to other fans, be able to buy anything that takes my fancy and be able to use it without a degree in web design.

It gets my thumbs up.

:up:

I hate to be so one sided but can anyone tell me WHY they think the site is hard to get around or why they think it's ugly? I would imagine if you don't like the look of the site you don't like the current album art.
I am just curious cos I think the site is faily well designed and want to see what people think makes it so difficult to use..

Even though I like the colours I have a problem with it beginning to blur after I've been reading/navigating.
The font is especially difficult even the white font in the time line is faint. I was looking for a magnifying glass (and I wear glasses)I thought it was just my computer that is slow, which it is, but not every site I go to is as slow as this one. Could have been heavy traffic however. I truthfully just gave up.. I'll try again when I find the magnifying glass, I suppose. :|

When I'm over there it's like nighttime.

I was just there, then came over here and my eyes felt like when you're asleep and all of sudden you wake up and the daylight hits you in the face.

I might have to have to sunglasses handy to come in here after I've been over there for a while.

jet_jaguar72 said:
I hate to be so one sided but can anyone tell me WHY they think the site is hard to get around or why they think it's ugly? I would imagine if you don't like the look of the site you don't like the current album art.

I think the album art is hideous.

I'd love to have a reaction..when I can subscribe to the danged thing without getting charged an arm and a leg! That's why I'm waiting!!!

OH,..and my 200th post:wink:

Ok I love the design but Im having real difficulty actually getting on to it as it keeps saying the site cant be found.

Is anyone else having trouble signing in?

I keep getting this:

Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

and I have no idea if my sign up worked or not yet... :(

Last edited:
yep i'm getting that message too :mad:
i've been sick the last two days and haven't even gotten to see the site yet :sigh:

I talked to somebody over there yesterday and she told me their servers were overloaded and they were having a number of technical issues, so I'm not surprised by the error messages everyone is getting.

The fonts might be OK if you are a mouse, but for us humans, they are way, way, way too small. If the font was better, I might be able to live with the white on black and red on black type, which isn't such a great idea either.

I love U2, but both the last and current generation web sites need a lot of help. There must be a bunch of people who visit these forums that would crank out a better web page, or who could at least modify the existing one.

Of course, who can complain when you get an album as good as HTDAAB. I'm still in la la land.................just to even be thinking that the album can possibly rival JT or AB is amazing!

LPOE SYCMIOYO COBL CFYT MD V and on and on, what an album!!!!!!!!!

As many others have said before me, LPOE live will tear down the house.......just wait and see. Bono is sure to improvise in the last third of that song where no words currently exist...........it will become a classic. Oh, I guess I'm off topic now, yeah that web page is bothersome; but we'll get through it, especially when those tickets arrive in the mail.

Everybody..I posted a *VERY* long post in the News area about this, in the "More on the Memberships" thread...I told HelloAngel to move it to a "hotter" area but she hasn't gotten back to me. I think everyobdy should read it as it would be educational, and tell people a bit mpre about whom we Prop emembers are going to be dealing with...

It seems chose the wrong area to post it in...if you could go here and read it...thanks

It's easier to get around than the old U2.com, but the colours and the font size are really bad!

You can quote me ... but I think I've said what a lot of other people have! :) Marie

I had a few hassles getting it figured out, but I finally did. The new Zootopia is a huge improvement over the old one, which I didn't much like. The videos are pretty cool although I've had a bit of a problem with them sticking on me. On the whole, I think it's very nice.

glad to see it running again. I have to admit that I haven't had a lot of time to check it out 'cause of work and sneaking net access.

Well here's the deal...
I was looking for some chat..
and I logged in..
and
this
is
what happened::angry:

<diamond> hello

<diamond> anybody here?

<diamond> ?

<diamond> ?

:wink:

It´s a pretty weird thing the fact U2 has never had a really worthy and great internet site. U2.com was opened by the time ATYCLB was released. First was a sort of home ( remember Dogville movie ? ) in which you could go to several rooms checking some studio photos, lyrics and song samples. Then the real U2.com started after ATYCLB was released. It was a complicated and boring internet site, in which many fans had to wait a lot for playing some 40 seconds audio streams or video streams, but it was clearly better than the rooms designed one.

Then started the worst U2.com ever IMO, that "Vertigo" designed U2.com :mad: :madspit: :censored: horrible, empty, cheap and crappy.

Now that U2.com doesn´t go anywhere with that HTDAAB designed site. That´s really a shame, it´s a desperate attempt to make publicity to that disliked album for many fans, including me :(

They don´t realise even fans who like HTDAAB hate that worst U2 cover ever :censored: but the worst thing, without a doubt, is that stupid and greedy pay per view internet system. where´s all that drop the debt attitude ? where´s all that money for poorest countries attitude ?
U2 don´t remember many of us come from third world countries !!!!! and they only want you to have a credit card and $$$$$$$

WAKE UP, WAKE UP DEAD U2 :(

Has anyone else not received their letter from propaganda? I have moved since receiving my last issue and I fear my letter was not forwarded by the Post Office. I've contacted U2.com, but not yet received a response.

Sadly, I don't expect one either...

OK....I'm asking everybody's opinion...

I am still languishing out there with a "free" membership after having problems subscribing with money..I decided not to complete the whole process and hope the site problems would be cleaned up this week.

How's the credit card charges situation going? Were you charged $4o still, even if the $20 coupon came up? Have you been billed at all? Anybody?

I was thinking of finally subscribing tomorrow--it looks like they're getting their crap together over there...but I want to be absolutely sure it'll be "safe"...

i tried getting a paid subscription FOUR times (at least) and it still hasn't worked! dreadful.

if my credit card has been billed four times i'm not going to be a happy chappy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom