Fake ticket question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veranda

War Child
How can you tell if tickets are fake, someone tried to sell me some without barcodes but I knew the other tickets I had had barcodes on them that got zapped at the door. Would you say tickets without them are all fakes, or do some not have them? Also these tickets seemed thicker and shiner than usual. You veterans of a dozen shows, what do you say about this please?

I'd say out of 11 concerts that only 3 or 4 pairs had barcodes on them. Not all venues use the scanning equipment. If there's any way you can go to a box office to determine the legitimacy I'd definitely do it as there have been many fake tickets sold for this tour.

[This message has been edited by Zoomeranger (edited 11-04-2001).]

Three tickets I got recently had no barcodes on them. I had other tickets to the same show with barcodes so I was nervous but it turned out to be fine. Some have bar codes, some don't. In my case, the ones through Prop had them but the ones gotten through a ticketmaster venue (not online) didn't have them. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. In Providence they didn't actually scan the tickets at all(as far as I could tell)...just ripped them.

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Somewhere on here there is a whole list of guidlines on spotting fake tickets. It's probably several pages back. I do remember these:

Look around the edge of the main square of the ticket. In tiny print, it says "TICKETMASTER" over and over. You might want to use a magnifying glass to check it.

Another thing to do is spray water on it. If the ink runs, you've been screwed.

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

Back
Top Bottom