Expectations and waiting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's shades said:

Me too. I don't even remember hearing any talk about Achtung Baby before it came out. I just turned on the radio one day and Mysterious Ways was playing.

I kind of miss those pre-Internet days. Anticipation and speculation are fun, but it's nice to hear new U2 and having it be a complete and total surprise.

It was more of a surprise that way, and in a way that was better, but like you I'm addicted now! This is the first time I'll be following a new 'work in progress' for U2. I never had the internet for any pre-album time except ATYCLB, and I confess I didn't get into looking up U2 online until the Elevation tour. All the rumors and speculation really don't matter, because most of them are wrong anyway, and what we get will be what we get, so I'm not going to get hyper over it. Just the same it is very fun to talk about the band, that's why I'm here!

Last edited:
Desire4Bono said:

It was more of a surprise that way, and in a way that was better, but like you I'm addicted now! This is the first time I'll be following a new 'work in progress' for U2. I never had the internet for any pre-album time except ATYCLB, and I confess I didn't get into looking up U2 online until the Elevation tour. All the rumors and speculation really don't matter, because most of them are wrong anyway, and what we get will be what we get, so I'm not going to get hyper over it. Just the same it is very fun to talk about the band, that's why I'm here!

Yes, most of the rumours are not true, but that isn't it. It is like you say: You will be following a new work in progress for U2! All the rumours are just funny - people try to guess what is coming, and U2 usually surprise us!

Me when i get a new U2 album:
Before the album: :drool:
I get the album: :ohmy: :shocked:
I get over it: :hmm:
I love it::love: :laugh: :happy:
Still a fan: :bow:

Back
Top Bottom