Exit Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
I've always loved Joshua Tree, but I think there are a few songs on the album that get lost for me amongst the huge ones. I probably don't appreciate In God's Country or Mothers of the Disappeared as much as I should, or do without the rest of the album to distract me. Exit was in this category until today when all of a sudden something snapped for me and I began to appreciate just how incredible that song is, how it builds to this perfect climax of words and music, how it tells a story...wow. I'm so impressed.

I love that U2's catalogue is so large and powerful that this can still happen to me after 6 years as a hard core fan and three years of listening to U2 with a majority of my music listening time.

I would really love to hear this live again.

His hand in his pocket
His finger on the steel
The pistol weighed heavy
In his heart he could feel
It was beating, beating
Beating, beating oh my love
Oh my love, oh my love
Oh my love
My love

These part of the lyrics can almost make you feel like your out of breath. You could almost sense the song breaking in a cold sweat.

I LOVE Exit
i think they should pick up a few songs from r & h though for the next tour along with Exit

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Hopefully this one will really benefit from remastering...:drool:

Agreed. I never really appreciated Exit until I watched Rattle & Hum and listened to other live versions of it. They made me turn up the volume on my JT cd, and now I appreciate it on the album, too.

vaz02 said:
I think even a snippet of Exit would just go down a storm

:drool: That'd be huge. :drool:

Unfortunately it is extremely doubtful that Bono will ever perform Exit live again. He has said that it takes him to a very dark place that he found harder and harder to come back from as the tour went on. This was kind of confirmed recently by Willie Williams in his playlist posted on U2.com. He loves the song as well but said the cost of the excorcist that Bono would require afterwards would be prohibitive.

Dana

I listen to Exit and I think "Man, that would be great to hear LIVE" and then I remember that I did hear it LIVE, in 1987. :) Sure, I'm a fucking old man compared to most posters here, but, I saw them on the JT tour and that's a decent enough balm for my geriatric nature. :)

rihannsu said:
Unfortunately it is extremely doubtful that Bono will ever perform Exit live again. He has said that it takes him to a very dark place that he found harder and harder to come back from as the tour went on. This was kind of confirmed recently by Willie Williams in his playlist posted on U2.com. He loves the song as well but said the cost of the excorcist that Bono would require afterwards would be prohibitive.

Dana

Damn, cause I've really been wanting to hear it live now. The lines JC quoted are just phenomenal, they change my heart rate and my breath and my entire conciousness. But I guess I can see why it's hard to perform them.

Also I think it would be cool snippetted with Vertigo, though I'm not sure if the keys work out or whatever.

Anyone (Axver...) have suggestions for good live versions to download?

Varitek said:

Damn, cause I've really been wanting to hear it live now. The lines JC quoted are just phenomenal, they change my heart rate and my breath and my entire conciousness. But I guess I can see why it's hard to perform them.

Also I think it would be cool snippetted with Vertigo, though I'm not sure if the keys work out or whatever.

No wonder we found each other in Philly! :giggle:

Think'in alike. :wink:

Varitek said:

If you can find the R&H version it's great...as for other whole shows try these:

1987-11-07 Denver
1987-11-15 Oakland (not as great a recording but good version, with "Riders on the Storm" snippet - a good show overall besides Exit)

Also I think Syracuse (1987-10-09) was good, and there's even a proshot dvd of that :)

*note to self..find the following*

CTU2fan said:

1987-11-15 Oakland (not as great a recording but good version, with "Riders on the Storm" snippet - a good show overall besides Exit)

Also I think Syracuse (1987-10-09) was good, and there's even a proshot dvd of that :)

Awesome..

Fantastically dark song. Live........it is mindblowing. Among the top highlights of the JT tour. Album version fails to capture the ferociousness of the mood

sue4u2 said:
*note to self..find the following*

Awesome..

No problem. Oh added bonus, you get a "Bono pissed off" moment in the Oakland gig, and a pretty tight version of Stand By Me.

Back
Top Bottom