Exit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edmerch1984

The Fly
I've never really been that much of a fan of exit, but after watching the live performance of it on rattle and hum all i can say is..... wow. One of my favourites from the DVD. Absolutely powerful and much better than the recorded version. Personally I think its the least strong track on JT album, but on rattle and hum its right up there with all the other tracks from JT.

Wot do u guys think?

It's easily one of my favorite U2 songs of all time. It's just so fuckin' raw. And it hits a fervor that I wouldn't expect of ANY band in the 80's. It completely trancends the heaviness of any "hair band" or "speed metal" band and hits harder than any song I've heard.

The only downfall is that it's recorded SO FUCKING LOW (as is the entire JT album). What's up with that?

edmerch1984 said:
I've never really been that much of a fan of exit, but after watching the live performance of it on rattle and hum all i can say is..... wow. One of my favourites from the DVD. Absolutely powerful and much better than the recorded version. Personally I think its the least strong track on JT album, but on rattle and hum its right up there with all the other tracks from JT.

Wot do u guys think?

Sorry, Exit sucks. I can only form opinions about songs that I can actually hear. :|

Re: Re: Exit

Canadiens1160 said:

Sorry, Exit sucks. I can only form opinions about songs that I can actually hear. :|

Get the Original Master Recording (the Gold disk) and you'll here it just fine.

Or listen to the Rattle & Hum DVD LOUD and then you'll feel the benefit. ;)

I agree, it's amazing, that performance.

I sometimes wonder if they didn't record it low on purpose, because for me, when I turn the volume all the way up to listen to the first verse, it makes it much cooler when it gets to the loud part :hmm:

one of my favorite U2 songs of all time, I like JT version but I highly prefer it live

I love play it on bass (very easy but haunting)

I don't like it when I'm driving at night and it comes on....I always forget about it, and then I can't figure out what happened to the music :ohmy:

edmerch1984 said:

Wot do u guys think?

Holy crap! Exact same thing with me. I didn't like it at all on the Joshua Tree... but live. It takes another level! Awesome!

What are the GOLD DISCs peole are talking about?!

i LOVE this song... the Rattle and Hum version is one of my faves! i always wondered why it was recorded so low... it's always a pain in the ass to turn it up to hear it...

The stalker who shot and killed actress Rebecca Schaeffer (My Sister Sam) was said to have been "put in the mood" by Exit.

"This is a song the stalker who shot and killed actress Rebecca Schaeffer (My Sister Sam) stole from U2. We're stealing it back."

Back
Top Bottom