everything i know is right, except for the stuff im not sure of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
alright i REALLY hope this hasnt been posted somewhere else...

i just want to say that i have now heard 4 (underline FOUR) versions of electrical storm. i have three of them on mp3.

1. bbc demo. the first one everyone heard.

2. u2france one - the hardest rocking one of them all, with the dj talking at the beginning and a sunday morning ad afterward.

3. a soft acoustic one, poor quality, but the chorus's rock like the u2france one does.

4. last night on the radio station, they played what i am SURE is the william orbit version. NO guitar at the beginning, and the first chorus is pretty quiet, but then the guitars kick in later.

where can the orbit mix be found? its got cool ambience, i can definately see why madonna likes the guy. not guy ritchie....hahaha ( :| )

has anyone else heard all four versions like myself? if you have, surely you will agree that theyre all magnificent. ive probably listen to them 20 times today. i hope i dont burn it out...

btw, i never was this pumped about any of the atyclb songs except beautiful day. and even that one i didnt/dont like quite as much as es.

:D

Last edited:
I have only two versions...the demo and I believe the "single" mix (which I believe is a cleaner version of the U2france one)...still haven't heard the Orbit mix, but I'll find it tonight considering I really want it, and I have some free time on my hands (yay)...I don't know about a fourth version...what I do know comes from the various U2 news sites, which all claim to only know 3 forms of it.

the kids can call you ho-ju

I've heard the same 4 versions.. I didn't get to hear the one that came on the radio the other day.. but it was the same as your #4. I'm not sure if I like it as much b/c it sounded pretty slow up until the end...

Orbit mix is the best

I think William Orbit has done a very good job.It starts very slowly and has Orbitness to it, its a very dreamy start, rather like Zooropa and then there is this acoustic strumming.Its slow and more moody and fits the mood of the lyrics (IMHO).Thenfrom " lets go to places...." part, its back to usual rock business.I havent heard the full outro, but this is the most impressive mix.Its not rocking, but who cares.

Last edited:
Well the interesting thing is that U2.COM is longer offering the clip for THTBA.Secondly William Orbit has also produced that song.I think it could be rocking as well, you know the typical U2 builder at the end

Last edited:
The Orbit mix is most definately the best imo. Way more atmosphere, more interesting, and fits the lyrics better.

bear, if you don't have new media.. go to u2world.com, they have it on their mainpage. it's wicked.

Back
Top Bottom