Everyones opions........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickphisto

The Fly
ok, i put a thread up a couple of weeks ago about working on a compilation for a few close friends-relatives. here is cd1 and 2, any suggestions, comments, etc.. please feel free. i am working on the rest and ill post those when i get them done as well.

thanx

Front Cover

Back Cover

Looks very nice. Weird set, but I have nothing to add. It works; I'll just say that.

Nifty Nifty, i like what you've done, different yet cool at the same time

btw..i think country in "In God's Country" was spelled wrong

:shrug:

nightninja56 said:
Nifty Nifty, i like what you've done, different yet cool at the same time

btw..i think country in "In God's Country" was spelled wrong

:shrug:

it possibly could be. i will have to check on it.

ouch it is spelled wrong. thanx ill change it.

Harry Vest said:
Where's BAD???

Disc 2 has bad.

i was almost finished with a 6 disc compilation and i realized that to do what i want to do it has to be an 8 disc ompilation so back to the drawing board. i am really looking forward to posting this when i am done.

I'd give the song selection a 6/10 and the artwork 9/10.
You've got some essential songs, some great non-radio songs but honestly some of those tracks seem odd.

after another look, i think i may use your list there as a basis for some CDs I want to make for friends

excellent job my U2 comrade! :wink:

Nice, but not sure about mixing live stuff with studio versions. I would rather have Disc 1 studio versions and Disc 2 live.
But nice indeed!

Looks nice :up:

A question though, is it supposed to be "Under One Atomic Sky"? Because the song goes "under an atomic sky", and I wasn't sure if you were trying to do something clever there, and I just missed it, or if that was a mistake.

And "I Threw a Brick Threw a Window" should probably be through a window :)

Nice font choice, by the way.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I love the covers, but starting Disc 1 with "40" and Disc 2 with "The Ocean"? Drop both of those to the end of the discs, and then everything else flows better.

i am still thinking of what i am going to do with that. originally was going to have the studio version of "40" start and the last song on the last cd was going to be a live version of "4o". kind of like book-ends.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Looks nice :up:

A question though, is it supposed to be "Under One Atomic Sky"? Because the song goes "under an atomic sky", and I wasn't sure if you were trying to do something clever there, and I just missed it, or if that was a mistake.

And "I Threw a Brick Threw a Window" should probably be through a window :)

Nice font choice, by the way.

i was thinking of calling it taht because of "under a blood red sky", "one" being my favorite song, and "how to dismantle an atomic bomb" i just put the 3 of those together. trying to be clever.

nightninja56 said:
after another look, i think i may use your list there as a basis for some CDs I want to make for friends

excellent job my U2 comrade! :wink:

thanx a lot . this is going to be an 8 disc compilation so i will post the others when i finish.

I think it looks good yes. Great use of images.

Maybe try a different font for the text on the back. It doesnt read too well. It also looks a little bit too much like an Achtung Baby-era font. With the images taken from the last tour it might be best to use a font that relates to that. Either a Euromode or Stencil-type font may suit better.

Also, The Unforgettable Fire is hypenated, maybe you should remove that for a CD cover. I think you should make the title on both of the spines the same size and correctly align them also.

Sorry to be picky...I too am a graphic designer so it's my job! :eek:)

Design: 7.5/10
Setlist: 6.5/10

Last edited:
Where is the picture for the back cover from? That's a fantastic pic. I'd love to have that for my desktop.

Great work by the way...really professional looking

Back
Top Bottom