Everyone with Post-Elevation Tour Depression.....Mope here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
*sigh*

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

* sobs *

The concerts have been the most exciting things that have happened in my life lately. I love feeling elevated. I love U2. I love the Heart. I even loved the GA line.
eek.gif

The post elevation depression I believe is what is causing everyone to be so bitchy lately.. me included.

icon24.gif

* cries *

------------------
These days, days, days run away like horses over the hill...

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

first of all, i am very sad, too.
frown.gif
i've had the most wonderful past 6 months: going to shows, meeting wonderful people, having crazy adventures. i was at the miami show last night, and i'll be posting a full report later.

but here is something that might lift your spirits: U2 are going to tour Europe next summer! 2 people in the band's inner circle told me this yesterday, so it's pretty definite. so start saving up money for airfare now!
smile.gif

*sniff, sniff*

This sucks. The shows I went to this year (specifically during October and Novemeber) were the best nights of my life. I've met so many great people, made some new friends, went to 3 cities I've never been to before, missed countless days of work and class (ahh, the life of a college kid) and just plain had a blast. They've also been some of the most emotional nights of my life, and U2 I thank you.

OK, now who's going to come with me to Europe to see them?

smile.gif

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

Peace George

frown.gif

but at least I got to go as many times as I did, and they incredible
smile.gif

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Ditto to everything!! Everything in life is so dull and drab in comparison.
But oh my gosh, I'd looove to go to Europe to see them. Must start saving!!

Its kind of like the Monday after the Super Bowl for a football fan...there is a definite withdrawal to go through...but you just have to enjoy the memories and hope it won't be too long before we see them again.

Look at the bright side, we are probebly getting a new album in 8 to 9 months! Europe is getting another tour and if all goes well we may get another one here in the U.S. in the spring of 2003! So things are looking up not down. Besides it gives me time to start saving for the next tour!

*mope*

But... I am broke and tired and my family misses me so it is just as well...
wink.gif

Cheers to 2003!

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Last night in Miami was my first time in the heart. I was in the first row right in front of Edge. I waited in line for 17 hours and I'd do it again tomorrow if I could. It was amazing. One of the best nights of my life.

clarity, we have to stop meeting like this, DVDless, a sense of loss now the tour has ended
frown.gif
I was trying to imagine when it was midnight in Miami here yesterday, middle of the afternoon I guess.It was soooooo hot, storms brewing up everywhere, I had an excuse to find some shade and play my guitar for a while. Got myself in a right old state I did, fleetingly. Yep something great has ended, an inevitability. Still gone maybe....but not forgotten. I only saw the pics of the tour and I was impressed!!!
But all we have to do is turn on the CD player.Our favourite band are very prolific, amazingly so imho. They gave and gave. Thanks U2.
I finally bought the "What's Going On" single yesterday
smile.gif
Thanks for that toou2.It's humbling, so much suffering, so much beauty.
"..Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Things aren't going to get better, no they are not..."
**cass leaves clarityat3am her very last "Bono mood cushion" of them all to curl up with**I hope that helps.
I had a feeling 2001AD was destined to be an extraordinary year, not quite what I had imagined, but extraordinary.U2 have been one of the the most beautiful parts of that. We are so lucky and have such good taste in music
smile.gif

I went off a bit early with the applause the other day
biggrin.gif
Bit late now maybe....nevermind.U2 U2 U2 U2 U2!! 2u Cheer up clarity, girls, pump up the volume
biggrin.gif

------------------
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

This time last night, I was standing front row in the heart in Miami. Tonight I'm sitting in front of my computer in Toronto, Canada with a bad case of post-elevation depression-what a difference a day makes!!!
There aren't words to decribe how I felt last night. It was so special.

Back
Top Bottom