Everyone who had GA for the tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MunkyMan

The Fly
After responding to another post, I forgot how much line cutters got to me. So, If ANY OF YOU cut into the GA line, while all the other people had to do the honest thing and line up early, I have a question. WHY??? WHY CUT THE LINE AND SELLOUT ALL US OTHER HONEST FANS???

mike in toronto
Go LEafS GO!!!

I doubt any of the people here were line cutters. Doesn't seem like they'd be the hardcore type of fan.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I don't really understand exactly what you mean by "cutting." I held a place in line for a buddy, but two of us got there around 11 and he showed up at about 3. Was that cutting??

I know someone here that admitted to cutting.
But I dont think it would be wise to rehash this again. Just cause for more drama.

but how else will we spend our time sicy?

there was only one line cutter in montreal in october that i knew of and he got busted twice and eventually tossed altogether i believe, to the cheers of the crowd of course.

no, what I mean by "cutting" is showing up with less than an hour before show. In Hamilton, there was a group of guys in front of us and at about 15 before we moved in, his "friends" decided to hop 3 levels of barricads to get in. They also split the line by some double doors so that official people could get in and out. When they first split the line, one side of the doors had about 50 people on it. By the time to go into the venue, that one side had like 200 people!!!! and a lot of the people who were now in front of me I saw at the back of the line whenever I had to leave to go to the bathroom!!!! It was my first GA experience and it was great except to see all the well slept faces hoping over the barricades. Hell, I even think Security helped some people!!! It just sucked, that's all!!

mike in toronto
Go LEAFS Go!!!

There was a riot in the GA line in Atlanta in March of 2001. I don't know if anyone who was there posts here...

But the riot was caused by the idiot security people from Phillips Arena separating the GA line, and then letting the back end of the line (the ppl who got there 5 minutes before the doors opened) go in first.
mad.gif

Well, those of us who had been there for hours ran at the BackEnders, nearly got punched by the security people, and managed to squeeze through the VERY thin doors to get in before the BackEnders.
mad.gif

The BackEnders actually started screaming at us!!! Thinking they had EVERY right to go in first - before those of us who were starving, hot and exhausted and had waited! It was terrible - and the venue security did NOTHING to stop what was happening once ppl started squeezing through doors. Awful awful.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

Well, I gotta rant about this again lol....NJ CAA 28th October...queued from 6am and thanks to security's outstanding incompetence, failed to get in the heart. They split the line up and opened, what seemed to me, as many different doors as possible.

Chaos reigned!...

As for ppl actually cutting in the line, a group of guys tried it at one of the london shows..jumped a barrier into a nice big gap left by some girls who'd gone off to wait outside the back of the arena. I think about 20 ppl around us had a few words and sent them back where they had been. Apart from that, i can't say I witnessed too much "cutting"

------------------
Tanya

Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

I waited in line for 6 hours in the Seattle rain....but there were some people who waited 20 minutes....and got a better spot in the heart....
I loved the heart, but if you are going to have GA for something like that, you need a better method of securing that the people who got there earliest would get in first. That's my complaint about my GA experience...

there were people trying to cut the line in vegas and one of the girls that my friends and I hung out with totally called him on it right before they started letting people in. It was great.

Ohh Digi are you talkin about that blonde cowgirl bimbo girl? She just waltzed right into the line all late and me and some other girls started talkin shit until finally she got her ass outta there and went to the back of the line... everyone applauded afterwards.. ahhahahaha.. oh yeah and db9 thought it was just fine that she was cutting.
rolleyes.gif
"oh she's part of the show" um, yeah.. right.

Originally posted by Sicy:
Ohh Digi are you talkin about that blonde cowgirl bimbo girl? She just waltzed right into the line all late and me and some other girls started talkin shit until finally she got her ass outta there and went to the back of the line... everyone applauded afterwards.. ahhahahaha.. oh yeah and db9 thought it was just fine that she was cutting.
rolleyes.gif

heh heh... i remember the cowgirl chick, sicy! all the guys i was in line with were *drooling* over her.
rolleyes.gif
i know that she's been pulled up onstage a couple of times, but i don't think that constitutes being part of the show! DB9 was probably just overwhelmed by her "hotness". lol!

biggrin.gif

Bonovation, which night in London was that? I was there for the 4th show, and quite a few people tried to cut right in front of us, but then a couple of guys we were sitting with told them where to go.

MunkyMan, the group I was with was sleeping right next to you guys in Hamilton, inside the first baricade. There were a couple of girls cutting in line behind us, and some of the guys started yelling at them to get back, calling them cows, etc. That's what happens after spending 24 hours on the pavement.
wink.gif

Originally posted by MunkyMan:
hey Skeek, I think you were right in front of us. I was there with my wife and two buddies. I think your crew had just come straight from the montreal gig the night before.

Actually, the people who came from Montreal the night before were right behind us.. Naya from interference was among them.

rolleyes.gif

That was the girl I asked to leave. Ask Gina! I went up and told her that we had been here all day and not seen her in line (by this time it was dark and we were standing - I believe the beginning of the line was actually being sorted through the queue). I mentioned that we all thought it was obvious she wasn't in the right part of the line. She mentioned that crap about being part of the show and then she said that she was just talking to her mom. All those little wannabe's around her started being rude to me (no one can be more bitchy than a skank and her friends called out on something - and hey I was an easy target) and I just said - it's a valid question and in about 5 minutes I would have to come back to more seriously address the issue. I went back to my spot and a few minutes later she left (to cheers of the line)! One lightly tipsy fan thought I was amazing for that - but I figure you gotta take a stand or stop complaining.

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

There's actually a funny pic.. I have to post it.. db9 and her.. and me in the background flipping her off..( to the left)
tongue.gif

Everyone there enjoyed that too.. hehe..

Yeah part of the show my arse.

333%3C7%3C4323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A597%3A534ot1lsi

* runs

I was not happy in the GA, really. I actually would have liked seats. There was so much pushing and shoving, and my "vertically challenged" wife could not see very well.

At least with seats, you have a barrier between you and the a-holes.

Also, when you think about it, the stages for Popmart and Zoo TV had more frontage, thus allowing for more people to have a "front row" experience. I had champagne sprayed on me from a bottle Bono opened during ZooTV, but had to worry about being trampled during Elevation.

My vote: arenas (not outside stadiums) with longer "runways" and also seats.

By the way....anyone receive the final Prop yet? Any word?

333%3C7%3C4323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A597%3A534ot1lsi

Caption for the pic: But DB says I'm a sexy -- I'm pretty, I deserve to cut in!

I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again:

Sicy, you rock!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 04-23-2002).]

There's actually a funny pic.. I have to post it.. db9 and her.. and me in the background flipping her off..( to the left)
tongue.gif

LMAO!!! oh my GOD! sicy that is priceless!!!
biggrin.gif

i don't know this girl, but one of my friends who had met her on the first leg of the tour said that she was actually very nice. but it doesn't sound like she was acting that way in vegas- who knows, maybe she was just having a bad day....
confused.gif

also, i know for a fact that U2 security *loved* her- they offered her free tickets to any show she wanted (one of my friends witnissed this happening). she also rode on the crew bus from city to city... no wonder she thought she was part of the show!
biggrin.gif

ah, what life must be like for pretty young blond girls...
wink.gif

tongue.gif

Everyone there enjoyed that too.. hehe..

Yeah part of the show my arse.

* runs

LMAO at Sicy. No it was not her. I remember seeing her though. We were like 150 in line and some doofus comes behind us at like 4 in the afternoon and announces how is going to cut the line. jackass. Did not workout for him. The girl who got him kicked out went with the guy wearing the black and white cowboy hat (if you all remember him) and started yelling at this guy as he jumped in line down front when it was getting dark.

Originally posted by *Ally*:
i know for a fact that U2 security *loved* her- they offered her free tickets to any show she wanted (one of my friends witnissed this happening). she also rode on the crew bus from city to city...

Grrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by *Ally*:
LMAO!!! oh my GOD! sicy that is priceless!!!
biggrin.gif

i don't know this girl, but one of my friends who had met her on the first leg of the tour said that she was actually very nice. but it doesn't sound like she was acting that way in vegas- who knows, maybe she was just having a bad day....
confused.gif

also, i know for a fact that U2 security *loved* her- they offered her free tickets to any show she wanted (one of my friends witnissed this happening). she also rode on the crew bus from city to city... no wonder she thought she was part of the show!
biggrin.gif

ah, what life must be like for pretty young blond girls...
wink.gif

For The Record-
Her name is Miranda.
She is NOT a bimbo.
Her Mom and her work for U2 Merchandising.
Bono loves here.
Bono refers to her as "my little cowgirl".
Hes pulled her at several shows.
Shes always has been nice to me.

Out-

Diamond

PS-
She did make it into the Heart.

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:

For The Record-
Her name is Miranda.
She is NOT a bimbo.
Her Mom and her work for U2 Merchandising.
Bono loves here.
Bono refers to her as "my little cowgirl".
Hes pulled her at several shows.
Shes always has been nice to me.

Out-

Diamond

PS-
She did make it into the Heart.

hey, don't get mad at me, DB9! i was trying to defend her by saying that my friend who met her said that she was quite nice.... the other things that i said, however- about her being offered free tix and travelling on the bus- are true. and of course bono loves her- she's gorgeous!

also, i *never* called her a bimbo- ive never even met her!!

sheesh!
frown.gif

Originally posted by anitram:
Bonovation, which night in London was that? I was there for the 4th show, and quite a few people tried to cut right in front of us, but then a couple of guys we were sitting with told them where to go.

It could well have been the 4th night, we were quite near the front of the queue (I think i was about #70) or something and it was a group of about 5 or 6 youngish lads.

I think it was a day where the sun actually really shone so they moved us out into it as early as poss for maximum sunburn potential lol so def either 3rd or 4th night
smile.gif

------------------
Tanya

Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

Ally-
I wasnt directing that at you at all my friend.
I just grabbed a quote.
We are a team -you and I(Vegas)
smile.gif
Thanks for defending her.
smile.gif

Like you she is a cool person and for us to take pot-shots at her just is not right
frown.gif

Thanks-
Your friend-
Dave
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 04-23-2002).]

Still doesnt give her any right to cut in line while everyone else sat in line all day.

Back
Top Bottom