Everyone send out good vibes for Rick Rubin to be the producer of the next album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacemaker

Refugee
Because we all know that it would kick major ass.

He'd be a perfect guide to help U2 finish off the current trilogy of albums, and most likely prod them to try new stuff and start the creative process for the next trilogy.

I'll be so excited if/when they announce that Rubin is producing the new album.

::hopes::

Well, didn't he say he'd like to produce U2 some day?

He was seen behind the stage at the Johnny Cash tribute show...

i've been praying for this since ATYCLB...i've nothing against Lanois or Eno - i love them both as artists and producers - but a new producer would be fantastic. The same can be said of Steve. I can't even think of a bad Rubin project...hell, he has made Diamond cool again.

he finds the core heart of the artists he works with and encourages them to explore and go with it...he said he loves the mix of rock and church that is U2.....can you imagine an album that has the edge of AB and the spirituality of UF or JT?

blueyedpoet said:
I can't even think of a bad Rubin project...

Didn't he work on the new Weezer album? :no:

Nonetheless, he is a great producer and I would love him producing the next U2 album. I mean hell, his working with Johnny Cash led to some of the best music of his career.

U2 + Rubin = :drool:

blueyedpoet said:
hell, he has made Diamond cool again.

if he can do that...

Rick Rubin can do anything!

Rubin in '08! :rockon:

but producing the album in '06/'07 :wink:

Lemonfix said:
Neil Diamond was always cool! :angry:

neil_diamond3.jpg

If the Jazz Man can't make you cool, I don't know what can

"we're coming to AMERICA!"

U2girl said:
Well, didn't he say he'd like to produce U2 some day?

He was seen behind the stage at the Johnny Cash tribute show...

joe1.jpg

Joe O'Herlihy (u2 sound guy with big, flowing beard)

050610_MD_RickRubin_tn.jpg

Rick Rubin (music sound guy with big, flowing beard)

I haven't seen the CBS show, but I wonder if Joe was mistaken for Rick?

"Daddy" he said, in a high pitched voice. "I want to be an investigative reporter when I grow up." :camera:

angelordevil said:

I haven't seen the CBS show, but I wonder if Joe was mistaken for Rick?

People were asking the same question earlier, but I believe that it was indeed Rick Rubin, and that it was verified by U2's camp.

the most important thing is that they have ONE producer or ONE set of producers for the next album.

Bono's quoted as being upset that HTDAAB has the "best collection" of songs of any U2 album (very debatable, but whatever) but that as an album, it just didn't work like they wanted it to.

Maybe cause there were a gazillion people working on the album? Eliminate all the cooks, you're bound to get a better broth.

we all know that U2 write their songs mostly in the studio. and very often get stuck musicwise and that`s why I think they rely on musicians/producers like eno and lanois. (remember the achtung baby bootlegs and also the unforgettable fire video, where brian eno is sort of conducting them through a song...)For me rick rubin is a producer who is working more in the classical way like how is a finished already written song going to sound and arranged. U2 former producers were always involved into the songwriting. sometimes more or less.

Okay, flame me....

cheers,dr.dae

Give Edge the reins. He's got musical bliss oozing from all of his orifices.

GO. I meant go.

Anyway, Rick Rubin would also be an interesting choice. I'd like to see someone new come in, a fresh head of ideas.

The Rubin thing would certainly be interesting if it turns out as some of his other producing projects have...it might be a bold step forward, but it might also be a not-so-bold step into the bowels of Hell (Weezer, anybody?). I'd be interested in the results from such a pairing, if nothing else.

But whatever. I still say Dave Fridman or bust. Holla if you hear me.

Like I said in another thread, no more Eno/Lanois/Lillywhite for a while, please. Someone new.

Forget about Weezer, he (Rubin) has done nothing but take the Chili Peppers to higher ground and the Peppers have always been making great music. With the boys, I could only imagine one of the most spiritual albums produced to date. . .let's keep our fingers crossed, it would be an amazing collaboration!!!!!

I would love to hear what Rubin would pull out of the guys but at the same time I would love for Eno and Lanois to step in for the WHOLE album.
They haven't really done that in a while. They've come in and out.

Back
Top Bottom