Every Breaking Wave - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this Twilight Zone discussion of The Killers and Brandon Flowers having an "amazing voice". I feel like when my dad talks to me about how Elvis was a great vocalist.

Really twilight zone discussion? someone mentions the song sounds like the Killers, I agree. Someone else says it doesn't and they rather hear Bono's voice. Great. Either way Flowers does have an amazing voice. WTF does your dad and Elvis have to do with it? azzwipe

I just realized that recent Track 2s have been big hits with me.

Every Breaking Wave- favorite
Magnificent- favorite
Miracle Drug- second favorite
Stuck In A Moment- second favorite

When literally gives me goosebumps on the third listen, I'd say it's a hit. Get this on the radio pronto!

I know it's early, but I haven't evoked emotions from a U2 ballad like this since With or Without You. It's got that eerie feel that makes my hair stand up.

Some aspects of the new EBW chorus reminds me of 30STM, which disgusts me.

I hate the 'if you go' bit, but the 'before I begin' part is VERY slowly growing on me.

I love the Song and it's my fav on the album so far, but every time I listen to it I keep expecting The Edge to go into an epic guitar solo after the bridge, and then an epic outro. That would have made it perfect IMHO.

Hopefully edge works those into the song when they do it live.
Great song though. Instant classic.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

"With Or Without You" or "Running To Stand Still", do they have proper chorus? No.

What on earth are you talking about???

WOWY has a chorus. A huge one.

Thank god they didn't repeat the mistakes of No Choruses On The Horizon, even if they seem about to with The Miracle.

Everything that made this song a bit of a yawner before has been fixed. It's a huge sweeping beautiful epic of a track now, and if this song doesn't chart, and very well, there is little hope for this musical world.

I also agree that more Edge would be nice, but I'm always wanting more Edge.

Sent from my ass crack

What on earth are you talking about???

WOWY has a chorus. A huge one.

Thank god they didn't repeat the mistakes of No Choruses On The Horizon, even if they seem about to with The Miracle.

Everything that made this song a bit of a yawner before has been fixed. It's a huge sweeping beautiful epic of a track now, and if this song doesn't chart, and very well, there is little hope for this musical world.

I also agree that more Edge would be nice, but I'm always wanting more Edge.

Sent from my ass crack

«with or without you, with or without you (oh), I can't live with or without you» is as chorus as «hey, hey now, I don't know if I'm that strong... etc»

This song will be as huge as a rock song is allowed to be these days. It's perfect. It will go in the canon of U2 greats.

Possibly my favorite song on the album, I think it's the best iteration of this song.

What about "With Or Without You" or "Running To Stand Still", do they have proper chorus? No.

Actually, it depends on what you mean by a "proper chorus". With or Without you is certainly not structured like a typical pop song, i.e. verse-chorus, that's pretty obvious. Even Danny Lanois, the producer of the song, said as much.

Danny released a new record the same day as U2, BTW. I recommend all my readers check it out.

Good ole' Danny.

Yeah all I've seen is some videos he released the other day of fiddling around in his home studio.

"White As Snow", for instance, also has no chorus and it's, in my opinion, the finest NLOTH track.

What about "With Or Without You" or "Running To Stand Still", do they have proper chorus? No.

My first thoughts on this song is that anyone who thought Running To Stand Still should have been released as a single so that more people could be exposed to its beauty should be rooting for EBW to be a single as well.

It's like the child of WoWY and RtSS

Sent from my fingertips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom