Ever seen any1 at a U2 gig do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
Leave early, as in fall for the whole "goodnight" bollox they pull every time 2 or 3 times a night.

Seriously, I've seen it back at Popmart, my first gig, when even as early as the fake bye bye they do after With or Without you, guys left!
eek.gif
Looked up into the stands, and a fair few had gone, whether to avoid traffic, or just plain ignorance. I'm pretty sure a few fell for it though. Seeing as I wasn't sure, lol, I stayed around at the "real" end for an extra 10 minutes. Although I still do that at any U2 gigs, mostly through exhaustion and the fact that I can't move
biggrin.gif

Another sickner here, a friend of mine, her sister, she was lucky enough to get a ticket to Slane1, what did she do?? She left before U2 came on, honestly
rolleyes.gif

So, anyone here actually fall for it??

I'm with Bono's idea at Slane2, "how about we don't bother doing that off stage- on stage stunt and stay and play??"
smile.gif

Yeah, I've seen a few people in the stands get up to leave. I feel like yelling at them..."what are you THINKING???? They're going to come out and play some more songs...this is U2 were talkin about people! How can you miss even a moment of a live show you paid for????"

lol. silly people.

-sula

slane 2 was great hehe

I stayed mainly becuase i was stuck at the front standing on my bag *so i was taller hehe) and couldnt move!

I didnt see ANYONE doing that!

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Originally posted by bono-vox:

I didnt see ANYONE doing that!

Hehe, maybe cos they either COULDN'T cos they were submerged under a flow of people, or they had a brain and were not gonna leave until that eejit started shouting about the exits, cos it was the BEST GIG EVER!!!!

Ahem, sorry, got Slane2 bootleg today, brought back memories, twas good
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Hehe, maybe cos they either COULDN'T cos they were submerged under a flow of people, or they had a brain and were not gonna leave until that eejit started shouting about the exits, cos it was the BEST GIG EVER!!!!

biggrin.gif

rofl that guy at the end, Ladies and Gentlemen can i have your attention please, there are 2 main exits, grrrr, i heard him go over and over and over that wee saying SO much and seeing we were at the front we were like the last ppl leaving, grrrrr! but i enjoyed myself
biggrin.gif

where did u get the bootleg from?

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

until that eejit started shouting about the exits,
bwahahahaha

I'd forgotten about him!!! How many friggin times did he need to tell us where the exits were?!?!?! That was so surreal, cause we were right there in that crazy moment experiencing U2 like that, then it was the very big come down to earth with the local old irish guy calling out his lil messages on the loud speaker
hahahaha too funny
biggrin.gif

I think that at every concert I have been to some people have left before the last encore. It is completely psycho, because whoever the band or singer is, the chances are that some of the best stuff will come in the encore.

Maybe they need to get to their cars first.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

I've seen people leave early from every concert I've ever been too. What a waste!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by bono-vox:

rofl that guy at the end, Ladies and Gentlemen can i have your attention please, there are 2 main exits, grrrr, i heard him go over and over and over that wee saying SO much and seeing we were at the front we were like the last ppl leaving, grrrrr! but i enjoyed myself
biggrin.gif

LMAO yes, my husband and I were reciting it along with him by the time we finally squeezed our way out of the exit (Dublin to the right, Belfast and points north to the left)

Like we all needed to be in a hurry anyway. I think it took me 3 hours to get out of Slane.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
That was so surreal, cause we were right there in that crazy moment experiencing U2 like that, then it was the very big come down to earth with the local old irish guy calling out his lil messages on the loud speaker
hahahaha too funny
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Kinda Father Teddish, jaysus! He was only doin his job guys!
tongue.gif
I spent my time begging for water off the guys at the other side of the barrier, and when I saw what they were scrapping that water outta when the crowd dispersed?? Cattle trough!!!
eek.gif

I drank so much of it too!
frown.gif

Mooooooooooooo!
And had to look for my trodden on friends, lol, met them back at the trough, and then the long walk back to the bus, awwww, I'd do it a million times over again!
biggrin.gif

I actually saw people doing this at Miami 02-12-01!!!! I couldn't believe it! People leaving early from the very last show of the tour! I wanted to yell at them! I was on the floor and couldn't leave even if I wanted to (WHICH I DIDN'T). I held on till they asked me to leave. How can you not?

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Create Light
Create Unity
Create Joy
CREATE PEACE!

This thread brought to mind the deafening crowd noise you always hear while the band is offstage... and yet, I can never see anybody near me actually shouting (hey, we all know they're coming back).

Anybody else suspect that it's a PA track?

i had to leave the heart once, it was right in the beginning of the song 'walk on' and that was the closer to the show. i was getting dizzy cuz some really big guy was standing behind me and he really smelled awful and i tried to tough it out but i didnt want to look like an idiot and pass out in front of adam so i left the heart early, sat down in the lobby with my head in between my legs and waited for my friend to find me after the show. i wasn't too happy that i missed the last song, and i hope that never happens to me again.

------------------
touch me, take me to that other place, teach me, i know i'm not a hopeless case

Originally posted by scatteroflight:

Maybe they need to get to their cars first.
rolleyes.gif

Anyone who has seen a show at Foxboro Stadium would understand this logic...I'd never do it at a U2 show, but on a weeknight it can make a 2 plus hour difference at that wonderfully located facility.

biggrin.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Grabs the bootleg and runs away*
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Aine (edited 12-20-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom