Even CBS News loves U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Something kinda cute on TV just a few minutes ago.

It's about 3:30 am here in Dallas, I'm watching CBS "Up to the Minute" news, when suddenly the anchor, Melissa McDermott says, "And now, a story about a band that is still at the top of their game after over 20 years - U2, my favorite band in the world...and they are up for 8 Grammys this year..." and while she's saying this, she has the BIGGEST, giddiest grin on her face, it was priceless!
biggrin.gif

They then cut over to Simon "no spring chicken" Bates, who waxed poetic about how he met the band at Live Aid, then again at Sellafield. He said this:

"It's pretty clear to me that U2 are very much in touch with everyday life....this idea of the rock business being a young person's arena is so much hooey....so write those wrinkly (?????) rockers off at your peril. Bono says U2 is applying for the 'biggest rock band in the world,' and with that live gig at the SuperBowl coming up, plus grosses of over $100 million from last year's tour, the job looks safe. Over...Mick Jagger's dead body of course."

Melissa then says: "Bono, just so you know, you don't have to reapply with me!"

Very cool to know U2 fans literally are EVERYWHERE.
wink.gif

disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-08-2002).]

biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
woohoo! I love finding U2 fans in all the nooks and crannies of the world.
biggrin.gif

Heath Ledger is a U2 fan also, I believe. And I vividly remember reading in my Sports Illustrated for Kids (many many moons ago) that Mia Hamm is a U2 fan too!
smile.gif

Originally posted by kariatari:
Heath Ledger is a U2 fan also, I believe.

yet one more reason to like that hot aussie man!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
*looks around and realizes that this is not PLEBA*

Oh...errr..*ahem*

tongue.gif

-sula

In Canada we have Much Music which is sort of like MTV, but much better. They had this show "A day in the life of a VJ", and when they went to one of the VJ's houses (George Stroumboulopoulos) he had a U2-POP poster on his wall. I was all excited!!!!

He was also at the Hamilton Show, so I should have known, but I still couldn't help but be excited!!!

Originally posted by kariatari:
Heath Ledger is a U2 fan also, I believe. And I vividly remember reading in my Sports Illustrated for Kids (many many moons ago) that Mia Hamm is a U2 fan too!
smile.gif

OOh I knew I liked him for some reason other than the obvious hubbahubba stuff
wink.gif

Speaking of CBS News, Melissa McDermott husband works at CBS also. His name is Todd McDermott and he does the evening news another reason to watch the news he's cute!
Anyway,I don't know if anyone watches the Ellen Show but in one episode there is a kid who thinks he's in love with her and she tells him it's just like Bono said, you still haven't found what your looking for. The boy tells her I love U2! She says Me Too! They are the Best Band!

oh that's just GREAT hearing such U2 love

smile.gif

Since even news anchors are into it now, I can work the band into conversation much easier now, I think!

you gotta admit such out and out fervor was not around during POP...

now we ALL get to watch those boys work
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Something kinda cute on TV just a few minutes ago.

It's about 3:30 am here in Dallas, I'm watching CBS "Up to the Minute" news, when suddenly the anchor, Melissa McDermott says, "And now, a story about a band that is still at the top of their game after over 20 years - U2, my favorite band in the world...and they are up for 8 Grammys this year..." and while she's saying this, she has the BIGGEST, giddiest grin on her face, it was priceless!
biggrin.gif

They then cut over to Simon "no spring chicken" Bates, who waxed poetic about how he met the band at Live Aid, then again at Sellafield. He said this:

Melissa then says: "Bono, just so you know, you don't have to reapply with me!"

Very cool to know U2 fans literally are EVERYWHERE.
wink.gif

disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-08-2002).]

Is this the same Simon Bates who used to be on BBC Radio 1 many years ago ?

I was lucky enough to be at the Manchester (stop Sellafield) U2 Zoo TV concert the night before U2 went and protested about Sellafield. Remember it well.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom