EUROPEAN INTERFERENCERS ATTENTION - A possibility to see U2 at the Superbowl on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Last night i saw an announcement on Austrian TV station called ORF 1 saying it will broadcast Superbowl on February 3rd.

On the other hand, i don't know whether they will feature commercials during halftime or whether they actually broadcast the bands performing.

Does anyone know what time the halftime starts so i know when to start taping on VCR?

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-26-2002).]

Just while we're on this topic, people in the UK can see the Superbowl on one of the Sky Sports channels. I assume they'll show halftime entertainment too, but I haven't heard it confirmed either.

Originally posted by U2girl:
On the other hand, i don't know whether they will feature commercials during halftime or whether they actually broadcast the bands performing.

Does anyone know what time the halftime starts so i know when to start taping on VCR?

Usually the 2nd quarter will end, and they'll go to commercial as the players go to the locker room. After the commercial, there will be some game analysis and all, and hopefully it won't already be a blowout. Then they'll probably go to another commercial, and when they come back it'll be the halftime show.

The broadcast of the actual game on FOX begins here at 6 PM ET. So halftime will probably be around 8 PM, but again, nothing is certain. If you don't care about the game, the best way might be to just have it on in the background and keep tabs on how much time is left in the half. Remember, 15 mins per quarter, clock counts down from 15:00 to :00. So around 2:00 in the 2nd quarter, pull out your tape. Hope that helps!

------------------
Change is the only constant

A german TV station SAT 1 is broadcasting it too.

ORF 1 starts broadcasting at 23: 25 pm, while SAT 1 starts at 23:40 pm on Sunday.

Both broadcasts end at about 4:20 am on Monday.

So i'll try taping from 1:00 am to 3:00 am. (only have about 2 hours left on my tape)

Back
Top Bottom