Essential Live Dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL

War Child
I'm just starting to put together a "Best of" U2 live for a casual fan-Well I've starting downloading some stuff from U2 Torrents and going throught the DVDS I have.

I'd like to include some concert and TV appear appearances from 1980 onwards. As of right now I'll be including some tracks from Belfast 1981, Red Rocks, Liveaid, Conspiracy of hope, Rattle and hum, Lovetown(from the Australian TV special), Zoo TV Sydney, Mofo and Please from the MTV awards, Mothers of the disappeared from Chile, the Superbowl, Boston Elevation, SNL and Milan.

Am I missing anything? Any particular show or TV appearance that you think should be on a career retrospective? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

COBL_04 said:
I would thrown in maybe some PopMart Sarajevo :hmm:

Good idea :up:

There's no Proshot Sarajevo is there ?

Miami from one of the popmart proshots is a must, that song kicked major butt live

Gotta have something from the Washington 92 and LA 87 proshots also

1986-06-15 - East rutherford - ,Pride, Bad and SBS must have!
1989 - Sydney - GP2
1989 - Wild Irish Rose
1992-08-16 - WC - SBS and Bad
1992-08-30 - New York - Outside Broadcast - Desire
1997-07-16 - Please<WTSHNN
1997 Mexico - New Years Day and One
1998 Santiago - Bad
2005-03-14 - New York - UTEOTW, ISHFWILF and Vertigo
2005-07-21 - Milan(dvd) - Miss Sarajevo, AIWIY and SYCMIOYO

maybe 40 from chicago vertigo? or city of blinding lights from that show...
erm,streets from elevation boston (cos thats my fav version)
walk on from elevation boston
ultraviolet from zootv washington, along with WOWY
mofo from popmart mexico city
pride from rattle and hum
bad from live aid

thats some stuff i would shove in

Maybe something from Slane or Notre Dame '01...oh and that One Tree Hill pro clip from Tempe '87 for sure.

COBL_04 said:
Oh shit!!

The Fly Boston

End of DVD

Opposite of this: use The Fly from Zoo TV Sydney/Dublin or Vertigo Sao Paulo. Just as long as it's not Elevation.

I liked the ending on Zoo TV better, but the guitar tone better on later tours. That's why I go with Vertigo Sao Paulo.

Vertigo's definitely better then Elevation though. The outro was more exciting.

Mysterious Ways, WGRYWH and ISHFWILF from Zoo TV Stockholm 1992. That's duty:wink:

Thanks for the replys. There are a few I haven't heard for a while so I'll dig them out. Does anyone know if the performance of "One" by Bono, Edge and Eno is on any of the U2torrents compilations? I haven't been able to find that yet.

COBL_04 said:
Oh shit!!

The Fly Boston

End of DVD
phillyfan26 said:

Opposite of this: use The Fly from Zoo TV Sydney/Dublin or Vertigo Sao Paulo. Just as long as it's not Elevation.
disregard the latter message, Elevation Fly kicks some major ass! :wink:

The Dortmund 1984 (from TUF Tour) performance of Bad and Electric Co; or SBS and Bad from Live Aid would be awesome to add to your Live DVD. :) Hattem 1982 is an awesome pro-shot from the early days, and includes some priceless interview footage of the young lads.

"1986-06-15 - East rutherford - Pride, Bad and SBS must have!"

- Does anyone know where I could download the video for East Rutherford from? I would LOVE to have this! Thanks in advance! :) Also, if I could only download the video of JT Syracuse 1987 or Zoo TV Stockholm (due to limited downloads), wihch one should I chooose?

Back
Top Bottom