Esquire's battle of the bands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ouch! I hated having to eliminate The Roots so early, because they were against U2 in my second round.

And strangely, Pearl Jam made it all the way to my finals. I had a tough time picking them over Wilco, but I'm a sentimentalist for the mid 90's and Pearl Jam's middle period creative burst.

U2's gonna win this in a landslide.

laz

Whooooooo! So this means U2 gets a feature on the April issue??

*wiggles eyebrows*

Last edited:
I want to know how it's possible that Maroon 5 are beating Coldplay. And why Outkast are even being called a band.

At least U2's totally destroying the competition.

bono_man2002 said:

Outkast are one hell of a band!!!....one hell of crap one!
IMO.

Correction: they are two twits who, instead of constituting a band, constitute cruel and unusual torture for the listener.

Axver said:

Correction: they are two twits who, instead of constituting a band, constitute cruel and unusual torture for the listener.

Listen to "Stankonia" atleast, I quite like em...............:wink:

My God, why the bitter hatred of Outkast? That's a damn good band. In my opinion, only below U2, White Stripes and Wilco

beau2ifulday said:
Radiohead against Evanescence....

:eyebrow:

Go Radiohead lol as if they need my support to kick their arse well and good

Last edited:
NYRangers78 said:
how is nirvana and led zeppelin off that list....but outkast and maroon 5 who have one good song on it??? at least u2 is kicking everyones ass...

probably because Nirvana and Zep aren't active bands anymore...

its the 'Best Band In The World (At The Minute)' competition really isn't it?

really don't understand how Coldplay can be that far down, to me these are far and away the only two truly global star bands (deservedly). 'T'ain't like it used to be............. :tsk:

Good to see U2 kicking ass in another Internet Poll...but at least it was sort of a creative one!

NYRangers78 said:

i thought that too but then KISS is on it.....and if they are on it, then zep, nirvana, and hendrix should be as well..

kiss released a live album (alive IV) that was actually recorded in 2003 with an orchestra (so it's a new recording not just a posthumous live album)...probably they consider only bands that recorded an album form 2000 onwards

having said that, to me in case the most significant exclusion would have been Beatles and Rolling Stones (other than the 3 acts you mentioned)

Last edited:
i got distracted by the Scarlett Johansson...

God! She's beautiful!!

they HAD to put U2 against Radiohead in the semi-finals, didn't they?!?!

U2 wins! (sorry Radiohead... I still love you)

Axver said:

No way. They make the most creative sounds in hip-hop. I remember when Pearl Jam played them back in '94 on their "Pirate Radio" broadcast, and Eddie Vedder was going ga-ga over this little-known outfit called OutKast. And he was right.

Back
Top Bottom