Ep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
I think U2 should have mixed and mastered their songs Flowerchild, Levitate, Love You Like Mad, and Smile and put them out as an acoustic EP right before the start of their tour. I love all of these songs so much and find it sad that it seems they will never see the light on any cd release.

I think a really smart move if they do a fourth leg down my part of the world would be to release an EP just before that commences, containing the songs you mentioned. It'd be fabulous.

You part of the world?....."One Nation, Under Axver" :wink:

But I totally agree with you Axver.
Espeically as lines from Levitate are both in Gone and Miracle Drug....

I think they are pretty mixed and mastered....I dont think they would have been relesased on iTunes, you know how much 'perfectionists' U2 are...thats why Concerts aren't out on iTunes (at least one of many reasons why)

bono_man2002 said:

Yes!!, just after they finish the 5th leg - CINEMAS IN THE US!

Which followed the 4th leg - PUBLIC PARKS, SHOPPING MALLS, AND IRISH PUBS IN THE US!

bono_man2002 said:
You part of the world?....."One Nation, Under Axver" :wink:

Exactly. I am the soon-to-be dictator of the world, you know. :wink:

nobody reads this

Axver said:

Exactly. I am the soon-to-be dictator of the world, you know. :wink:

pinky-rece1s.jpg

Axver

bono_man2002 said:
I think they are pretty mixed and mastered....I dont think they would have been relesased on iTunes, you know how much 'perfectionists' U2 are...

The quality of them is so much less than the quality of anything else they've released. And I don't mean the song itself. I mean the sound quality itself. Maybe I just have bad copies. If someone would like to remedy that....

ostentatioustourist@hotmail.com

gareth brown said:

Yeah, I totally digged the Techno beat and ebowed guitar in Wild Honey....:wink:

Okay, so Levitate isn't acoustic at all....

the tourist said:

Okay, so Levitate isn't acoustic at all....

well, the thing is do you really count the rest of those songs as entirely accoustic songs? I mean, a lot of them have drums, and in a number of cases, electric guitar, and so on...:huh:

the tourist said:

The quality of them is so much less than the quality of anything else they've released. And I don't mean the song itself. I mean the sound quality itself.

Prehaps you had the stream ripped copies....I can't help out till I get my actual PC runnning again.

god, someone sent me the streamed ones on Christmas day, I was all 'WOW! YAY! GREAT XMAS PRESENT!' and they all stank...it was so good to hear Levitate on a proper quality MP3! :drool:

Axver said:

Which followed the 4th leg - PUBLIC PARKS, SHOPPING MALLS, AND IRISH PUBS IN THE US!

:lmao: hey, I had a dream that U2 opened up the Vertigo tour in a park...and like no one was there...it ruled, Bono gave me a hug in the middle of Vertigo :cute:

new album=i want

Format: EP

Title: Binary

Release Date: February 1, 2006

Label: Interscope

Tracklist:

1.Love You Like Mad
2.Flower Child
3.Levitate
4.Mercy
5.Smile

The only reason U2 released these songs on iTunes in the first place is because they know they either aren't good enough to be on a CD, or they already borrowed too many ideas from them for other songs.

How many songs do you really need with that "top of a newborn baby's head" line in it?

The sound quality is just fine for demos, which is what these basically are.

Now, if they actually rerecorded Mercy, eliminated some of the rambling parts, and got it down to about 4 minutes; I would buy that.

Last edited:
namkcuR said:
Format: EP

Title: Binary

Release Date: February 1, 2006

Label: Interscope

Tracklist:

1.Love You Like Mad
2.Flower Child
3.Levitate
4.Mercy
5.Smile

Add Treason and Norther star to that list.

That said, if they really planned to use those songs sometimes in the future (apart from Mercy), isn't it odd they already appeared on Itunes?

Danny Boy said:

Now, if they actually rerecorded Mercy, eliminated some of the rambling parts, and got it down to about 4 minutes; I would buy that.

Yes, please, let's get every U2 song down to 4 minutes so they can all be on the radio!!

Back
Top Bottom