Eminem to release album one week before U2 - bad news?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RademR said:
And lastly, the people that think Emimen is not "that great" of a rapper, he is the best artist in the game and is untouchable lyrics wise. You know this because every rapper will tell you hes the best. And even though Dr. Dre is the best producer in rap all-time, if you look at the notes in Eminems last CD, see how many tracks Dre produced. Only a couple, Eminem produces most of his own stuff and makes a lot of his own beats.

God, thank you. How long does he have to do rap business anyway to get past the Dr Dre link? Sheesh. If he hasn't proved himself by now, he will never prove himself to these folks I spose. Dre gave him a leg up, definitely. But Dr Dre sure as shit isn't still standing under him holding him up.

But, but those facts go directly against my belief that he's a talentless hack! So either I am wrong, or somehow those facts don't apply to my beliefs. And since I hate admitting I'm wrong, it's obvious that those facts don't apply.

:wink:

Let me offer you a loophole Diemen - He is still a telanteless hack (which I dont agree with, but I give you permission to your opinions :wink: ) but at least he is a talentless hack in his own right now - ie doing it alone :D

ps you're still wrong
:p

I forgot to add the [sarcasm] tags to my post. :D

I can completely understand not liking the guy or his work, but I find it a bit, um...clueless to say he's not a talented rapper.

Diemen said:
I forgot to add the [sarcasm] tags to my post. :D

I can completely understand not liking the guy or his work, but I find it a bit, um...clueless to say he's not a talented rapper.

'Talented' and 'rapper' don't belong in the same sentence.

Thank you Axver! Valid point! When I talk fast people are like, "shut the hell up man and talk slower," they don't praise me for it! lol!

anitram said:

Oh, sweet, merciful Jesus, are you serious?

He's a decent lyricist, he's not really hip hop anyway, and he'll hit number one, but he's one stunningly ugly mofo. :wink:

Hey, it's not my opinion in saying he's hot, a sex symbol, or something this is the stuff that I hear from girls of all ages, and different backgrounds... hell, even Kim Basinger, Fred Durst, and Xtina were into him....

Axver said:

'Talented' and 'rapper' don't belong in the same sentence.

Open your mind a little, will ya?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it has no merit.

For the record, I don't like Eminem, but to label all rappers as essentially talentless is just plain ignorant.

aside from U2, im also a huge Eminem fan. he IS one of the most talented rappers in my opinion. if you actually listen to his albums (not the querky first singles) you would realize the detail and passion he puts into his work.

Axver said:
Did I just read someone say Britney's releasing a greatest hits?

I'm still failing to see how the words "Britney" and "Greatest Hits" can successfully combine with one another. ;)

Oh, and the only rap/R & B song I ever liked was that "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mixalot, because it was amusing. Personally, I think the rest of it is utter crap. It all comes down to your tastes and preferences though - I mean, I adore classical music of every kind (except mainly for Schoenberg...oh the shudders I get when I listen to his "music"). I doubt there's many people here who could say the same, but I'm okay with that. :wink:

With regards to record sales, I honestly couldn't care how U2 do, just as long as their album is good (which we all know it will be). But since record sales matter to them, I suppose I do hope that the record will do well for their sake. Eminem will more than likely take the #1 spot, but I wouldn't write our lads off entirely. As others have said, they will do well in the rest of the world. I expect they'll be #1 in Europe, definitely.

Last edited:
I will say this - most mainstream rap is terrible. However, there are some really talented rap/hip-hop groups out there with positive messages and intelligent lyrics, but they're more interested in making music instead of making and spending insane amounts of money.

if you want to know real hip hop music, but the Roots new CD. They are great lyricists and play real instruments, great band.

Prediction:

U2 will outsell Eminem! U2 is spending more on Advertising for this album than they ever have. This leads me to the conclusion that they are confident in the album being a winner. Every band/artist eventually makes a crappy ablum. That is what critics will dub Eminems new release. This is why the studio is content on releasing eminems material around the same period. Interscope wants to diversify its efforts for the #1 position.

Back
Top Bottom