Eminem or U2- Nov. Rolling Stone Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"A true artist, no one since Kurt has raged so hard and articulately, no-one since - Bowie has played with their persona with more intelligence, and no-one since the Sex Pistols has pissed more people off. " Thus spake NME about the Paroxided One.
(Not exactly your opinion? :wink:)

The Rolling Stone still has some the best articles of any magazine. It may have throwaway cover photos now, but there are still a lot of good people writing for them. The (fairly) recent article on Iggy Pop springs to mind. Also their 500 Greatest Artists of All Time and Beyond was very good (with contributions from Bono and the Edge.)

I thought Rolling Stone didnt like U2? :| They're probably going to put Eminem on the cover.

Forget this all.....they should be on the cover of TIME again.

"Rocks' Greatest Comeback"

(I know, I know, but that's how the clueless media would spin it! :wink:

right you are

boosterjuice said:
Every U2 fan I know hates Eminem (myself included). I think that should be some kind of prerequisite for a being a U2 fan. New U2 fans should be innitiated by burning any Eminem material previously owned. [/QUOTE

em vs. u2
i was also thinking what you're thinking. crap vs art.
they shouldnt even be compared as the former is no comparison to the latter.
bono and em on the cover... no no no! bono does not need this
kind of publicity.

somebody start a poll asking 'Who likes eminem and isn't retarded? BE HONEST!'
Because everyone I know that likes Eminem is either a complete fuckhead or a total dumbass (or a healthy combination of the two :wink:).

AussieU2fanman said:
Because everyone I know that likes Eminem is either a complete fuckhead or a total dumbass (or a healthy combination of the two :wink:).

:up:

AussieU2fanman said:

i wonder where bono would place his vote on that poll?

He was at Em's dumb "convention/concert" the other night. And from the recent Vanity Fair artiicle were these snippets:

February 2001, Los Angeles:
In an upstairs private room at the restaurant Cicada, at the Universal Music Group party after the Grammy awards, Bono, Dr. Dre and Eminem talk about making records.

March, 2003 Los Angeles:
At the Academy Awards, U2 loses best song Oscar honors to Eminem, who is home asleep in Detroit. At the Vanity Fair party, the U2 entourage--band, wives, management--arrives at Morton's. "Eminem's 'Lose Yoursel' is a great song," Bono says graciously, and they all drink and smoke and are the last to leave.

I'm not saying Bono would vote in your poll that he loves Em (and is retarded :eyebrow:), but it would seem that he at least respects the guy....

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i reckon john kerry will be on the november cover with a bottle of heinz ketchup in his pocket, much like al gore and his boner were on the november 2000 issue... it's an election year in the states, and the november issue is usually set for whatever candidate RS favors... and rolling stone being a bunch of tree hugging liberals :wink:, it's a lock for john kerry.

december will be their year in review issue, and then maybe we'll get a nice U2005 issue come January, much like the January '01 issue.

anitram said:

Bingo!

rs_961_cover_story_200x240.6562910.jpg

I win... you all lose. Neener neener neener.

AussieU2fanman said:

i'd like to consider myself to be neither a complete fuckhead nor a total dumbass... i'm only a partial fuckhead. but i also consider eminem to be one of the most talented lyricists around today. if others can put aside their hatred for anything rap/pop related and actually read the lyrics to songs like "stan," "cleaning out my closet," "the way i am," "loose yourself," or "8 mile road," you could see for yourself that the man has some very deep and thought provoking lyrics.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i'd like to consider myself to be neither a complete fuckhead nor a total dumbass... i'm only a partial fuckhead. but i also consider eminem to be one of the most talented lyricists around today. if others can put aside their hatred for anything rap/pop related and actually read the lyrics to songs like "stan," "cleaning out my closet," "the way i am," "loose yourself," or "8 mile road," you could see for yourself that the man has some very deep and thought provoking lyrics.

Congrats, you're the first!

Back
Top Bottom