Eminem iPod Ad rip-off of U2 iPod ad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eminem doesn't have an ipod. its just a cool ad which is nothing like the u2 ad. the backgrounds are shaded, the camera swings around, its really neat, and very different from the u2 ad. if anything, the u2 ad was similar to other ones that came before it.

ok, just thank god emenum doesn't have an iPod. What song was he doing anyway? Mockingbird? Sorry, every since I started my U2 obsession 6 months ago I stopped listening to radio. I'm so out with it.

gareth brown said:
bort, do you honestly expect anyone to cause mass UPROAR just because Apple made ANOTHER AD just like the one THEY MADE with celebrities being recognisable?!

What a load of rubbish, just because you can see the person's face, doesn't mean it's "Ripping Off" U2...:eyebrow:

I was actually trying to get the award for:

"most pointless thread ever" :wink:

bort269 said:

I think KhanadaRhodes is right in saying that all famous artists in Ipod ads from now on will do the same... until Apple comes up with something new... like Jeff Goldblum doing a voice over or something

YEAH!!! JEFF GOLDBLUM!!!! :rockon: hey, he was pretty hot as The Fly...until he, like, started turning into a fly...

The u2 ipod and commercials were awsome because they were unique and no one else had them. Now if they let other artists especially eminem get his it losses its originality.

Danny Boy said:

Actually, Coldplay did an iTunes ad, and it was nothing like the U2 one...

yeah, but their Speed of Sound video is a total rip-off of the City Of Blinding Lights video (with the huge LED screens and the singer's shadow on them)

:wink:

and yes, I know that the Speed Of Sound video came first... don't get your panties in a twist!

Friedberg said:
The u2 ipod and commercials were awsome because they were unique and no one else had them. Now if they let other artists especially eminem get his it losses its originality.

Ipod ads are ads, not grand artistic statements.

This thread is ridiculous.

Yes but Bono wasn't hardcore enough to PUSH a random dude out of the frame like Eminem does.

That part just oozes of bad ass. Really appeals to the street thug inside of me.

No particular place names
No particular song
I've been hiding
What am I hiding from :drool:

Back
Top Bottom