Elvis Presley and America vs Elvis Ate America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I'm surprised no one has done this one yet, thought it would be one of the more obvious ones. Anyways,

Two of U2's not-so-good recordings in their short career so far.

I vote for EPAA purely for the fact EAA is so incredibly bad, and EPAA has a really great ending, despite Bono sounding like he is drifting in and out consciousness. I've never been able to find the correct words, maybe u2.com will have 'em I dunno I've gotta get off the computer. But I know it ends with

And you pick me up
Bits and pieces on this floor

I thought it was:
And you're feeling things like I felt before
I can hold up head until the floor
And you pick me up bits and pieces on this floor

Standings
Elvis Presley and America - 1
Elvis Ate America - 0

Elvis Presley and America is one of my favs off Unforgettable Fire. I dont know why people dislike it so much.

Elvis Presley and America! I agree, its one of the best songs off The Unforgettable fire.
I also like Elvis ate america. But EPAA wins hands-down.

Elvis Ate America makes me laugh every time I listen to it.
That has to be one good quality.. right? :hmm:

Regardles, I vote Elvis Presley and America.

Elvis Presley And America, although one of UF's weaker tracks, is not bad at all.

Elvis Ate America is the worst U2-related song ever made. Even worse than Babyface, One, In A Little While, and You Not Me COMBINED.

both ELVIS songs are fine...

ELVIS I 1984 is atmospheric, transcental music :up:
ELVIS II 1995 is a me(m)phis(to) mantra trash :up:

Axver said:
Elvis Presley And America, although one of UF's weaker tracks, is not bad at all.

Elvis Ate America is the worst U2-related song ever made.

Indeed. Elvis Ate America makes me feel physically ill when I listen to it. :( Which is why I skip it when I give Passengers a spin.

Sken said:
Elvis Presley and America is one of my favs off Unforgettable Fire.

It's fabulous...:drool:

It beats Elvis Ate America by a mile...but I still like Elvis Ate America. I was 13 when that album came out. I used to play that song all the time, much to my parents' dismay.

Great pairing. I prefer EPAA, but EAA is a secret little U2 gem. I love how Bono acknowledges that Elvis hung out with presidents, too -- ("Nixon...") -- just like Bono does now.

Both are truly bad for the U2 standards, but Elvis Ate America wins because it's kind of laughable, at least.
EPPA is no more than ASOH in slow mood and with Bonoglese singing...

Elvis Ate America is like def poetry, like PlaTheGreat said. It's spoken word, over that simple beat. Just a fun little throwaway track. I wouldn't call it bad, but just really different.

GibsonGirl said:
Which is why I skip it when I give Passengers a spin.

I deleted it off iTunes and it did Passengers the world of good. The album flows so much more cohesively without EAA there to ruin things. In fact, I honestly can't even remember where EAA is on the album any more. It doesn't seem to fit anywhere.

Sorry (actually, I'm not) but I love EAA. I love the entire Passengers album and EAA is brilliant, so random and trippy and rhymey and well, Elvis ate America before America ate him! Not saying it's better/worse but I like it, so hey whatever.

Back
Top Bottom