Elvis Costello's cover of Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Anyone heard it? What do you think? It's one of my favourite U2 songs ever so I'm interested to hear a different interpretation of it.

I'm downloading it now off audiogalaxy, haven't heard it yet

great tip SkeeK, I never realized he covered it, but I remember Bono mentioning him "showing them how to play the song again" before they played Please last fall

listening to it now, it's acoustic the way they played it during the Elevation Tour, very nice...

Ooh! I feckin' love it!!

I hate to say it, but I think it's better than when U2 performs it. The first time I listened to it was the first time I realized what a brilliant song "Please" is.

well I much prefer Bono's vocals, but the guitar work is much more intricate and complex on this acoustic version

while we're on the subject of covers, has anyone heard this acoustic cover of Running to Stand Still? somebody by the name of Ari Hest... never heard of them, but it's a very enjoyable cover

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
while we're on the subject of covers, has anyone heard this acoustic cover of Running to Stand Still? somebody by the name of Ari Hest... never heard of them, but it's a very enjoyable cover

Hmm another of my favourite songs ever... downloading now!

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Anyone heard it? What do you think? It's one of my favourite U2 songs ever so I'm interested to hear a different interpretation of it.

I'm downloading it now off audiogalaxy, haven't heard it yet

Skeek,

Where is your bullet painting?

I want it.

CK

Costello always does great live covers. Check out his cover of "Ship of Fools" - amazing.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

After a bit of consideration, I've decided it simply isn't possible to have too many versions of Please and Running To Stand Still.

Great cover.

I also just bought This Year's Model a few weeks ago. It's completely genius. (I Don't Want to Go to) Chelsea is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

i love this version. it's amazing. if anyone is interested in a copy i think i uploaded it to sicy's ftp.

Back
Top Bottom