Ellen Degeneres interviewing a Drunk Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think either of them are :drunk: That was part of Ellen's show, backstage at the Grammy's. Then again, I guess they could be :drunk: :shrug:

That's the first 27 seconds of what was initially a longer interview, which I watched at the time. Bono is not drunk, just surprised. He was busy doing his pre-Grammy (it was the day before the Grammys if I recall correctly) duties of signing photos and musical merchandise for a Music Rising auction, when she just sort of snuck up behind him singing Beautiful Day, I was not expecting it, and as a result stumbled over his words slightly in the beginning.

Bono often seems drunk when he isn't. I'd say most of the time he's just being Bono. Irrational behaviour or strange speaking is usually quite a good sign that he's sober. :wink:

last unicorn said:
Bono often seems drunk when he isn't. I'd say most of the time he's just being Bono. Irrational behaviour or strange speaking is usually quite a good sign that he's sober. :wink:

:lol: I think you're right!

After that last Grammy acceptance speech when he was talking about elephant dirt, my 13 yr old niece said Larry or Edge should do the speaking from now on! :lol:

Bono = :scratch: But that's why we love him! :rockon: :applaud:

last unicorn said:
I don't understand how people get the impression that either of them were drunk. I just see Bono being Bono there.

Yeah peeps...I was being sarcastic when I said Ellen was more hammered than Bono...I don't believe either are intoxicated in any way, shape or form...:no:

Back
Top Bottom