Elevation's Live Aid Moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so happy for you and your daughter!
smile.gif
How wonderful to have it on video!

BostonAnne!

That was you?! Congrats!

I was at that concert (in the heart). I remember seeing your sister (based on the pictures) being overwhelmed by the fact that Bono came there - and climbed up. Typically, those seats aren't, well, the best. So it was a treat.

However, to be completely honest, I also remember your sister just monopolizing Bono! LOL! I thought, "Geez, lady, let him talk to that kid - you hugged Bono enough!"
biggrin.gif

I'm glad you had that experience - and your daughter's "I Love You" came through very clear - it was very cute.
biggrin.gif

Anne...that is a very moving tribute to a moment I'm sure you and your daughter will never forget. Thanks for sharing it with the U2 community, and for being such a great fan to a band that deserves every accolade to the way they reach out to their fans.

Chris

Originally posted by doctorwho:
BostonAnne!

That was you?! Congrats!

I was at that concert (in the heart). I remember seeing your sister (based on the pictures) being overwhelmed by the fact that Bono came there - and climbed up. Typically, those seats aren't, well, the best. So it was a treat.

However, to be completely honest, I also remember your sister just monopolizing Bono! LOL! I thought, "Geez, lady, let him talk to that kid - you hugged Bono enough!"
biggrin.gif

I'm glad you had that experience - and your daughter's "I Love You" came through very clear - it was very cute.
biggrin.gif

No No No! My sister is the blonde on the left (l to r in the picture), but was actually on Nicole's right! We were NOT with the lady you mention! After the show we asked her if we could have a copy of the pictures she took, and though it wasn't the easiest experience I got the photos from her and posted them on this thread:
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/016201.html

I remember your comment right after the show about how a woman marred the moment from this thread
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/015036.html

but being a newbie at the time, thought it was too old to respond to. It wasn't until I got the video that I was sure that you were referring to her.

You would be amazed at how great those seats were! I never dreamed that I would be able to see the facial expressions on the band since at previous shows I was alway in nosebleed seats! Also, the door for the band to come out into the venue was right underneath us, so we got to see them as they entered! It was unbelievable! We were blocked by the screen during a few songs, but there was a video monitor for us to see what was happening.

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 02-18-2002).]

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
Anne...that is a very moving tribute to a moment I'm sure you and your daughter will never forget. Thanks for sharing it with the U2 community, and for being such a great fan to a band that deserves every accolade to the way they reach out to their fans.

Chris

Thank you Chris! I'm so glad you liked it!

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Yay, you got the video, Anne!
Those pics are great, Bono looks like he was singing "Wild Honey"...In the days
when we were swinging from the trees
I was a monkey, stealing honey from a swarm of bees...
smile.gif

LOL! I am so lucky to have the video! U2 fans rock!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Wow, BostonAnne. I hadn't heard about this before. It's amazing and I've finally found a reason to have kids.... LOL
Just kidding..
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Thats so awesome. I am so happy for you and your daughter!

Bono did something similar at my Oakland concert.. a little girl handed him a note while he was on the heart and he read it, and grabbed her and put her on his shoulders and walked around the heart with her.. it was so cool !

I'm sure you and your daughter will never forget!
smile.gif

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

That is incredible!!!

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Wow, BostonAnne. I hadn't heard about this before. It's amazing and I've finally found a reason to have kids.... LOL
Just kidding..
smile.gif

LOL! I thought there have been some around here that hadn't heard about it since I have a knack of sinking threads
smile.gif

Originally posted by Sicy:
Thats so awesome. I am so happy for you and your daughter!

Bono did something similar at my Oakland concert.. a little girl handed him a note while he was on the heart and he read it, and grabbed her and put her on his shoulders and walked around the heart with her.. it was so cool !

I'm sure you and your daughter will never forget!
smile.gif

Sicy, I couldn't find a picture of that after it happened until Otto came through!
Too cute!

011115r1-36crp-u2.jpg

Remember Bono also pulled up a girl at LA3 and sang Wild Honey to her

011119r4-31crp-u2.jpg

and Diamond's 2 girls were pulled up at Pheonix.

diamonettes.jpg

Originally posted by BostonAnne:

No No No! My sister is the blonde on the left (l to r in the picture), but was actually on Nicole's right! We were NOT with the lady you mention! After the show we asked her if we could have a copy of the pictures she took, and though it wasn't the easiest experience I got the photos from her and posted them on this thread:
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/016201.html

I remember your comment right after the show about how a woman marred the moment from this thread
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/015036.html

but being a newbie at the time, thought it was too old to respond to. It wasn't until I got the video that I was sure that you were referring to her.

You would be amazed at how great those seats were! I never dreamed that I would be able to see the facial expressions on the band since at previous shows I was alway in nosebleed seats! Also, the door for the band to come out into the venue was right underneath us, so we got to see them as they entered! It was unbelievable! We were blocked by the screen during a few songs, but there was a video monitor for us to see what was happening.

Ah good - so that was NOT your sister! Great! LOL! Now I can bash her some more.
biggrin.gif

Seriously - all I remember was this lady just being ALL over Bono. At first, I was happy for her. After all, people in or near the heart got to interact with Bono - but how often does he climb up there?

But then, she just kept hugging him and pulling him to her, when it was painfully obvious that she wasn't the reason he was there. I felt like running out of the heart and pushing her away myself! LOL!

At least your daughter got to say something - I'm surprised the woman didn't grab the microphone away from Bono herself! LOL! I guess she can't be all bad if you at least got pictures from her.
wink.gif

Originally posted by doctorwho:
I felt like running out of the heart and pushing her away myself! LOL!

At least your daughter got to say something - I'm surprised the woman didn't grab the microphone away from Bono herself! LOL! I guess she can't be all bad if you at least got pictures from her.
wink.gif

You would have been my hero! LOL! I had no ability to think of what to do, or I would have been next to Nicole on that side rather than staying put! (though I might have fainted!) I'm the only one that didn't touch Bono once! I was just mesmerized watching him interact with Nicole!

Honestly though, I wasn't paying attention to the woman. I do remember putting my hands on Nicole at one point thinking that I didn't want Bono to think Nicole was with her! I don't think Bono was even phased by her though. And yes you are right, she did finally send me the pictures!

BTW, where in the heart where you?

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 02-20-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom