ELEVATION VIDEO SOUND QUALITY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tim M

Babyface
Someone tell me if its my Video or Everyone else's Video? Is the sound quality of the concert terrible i.e. Massive delays in Bono's vocals. Basically is it me or does WOWY sound really really bad because of the delay? If everyone else has the same problem fair enough but it is wrecking my head because it was such a great concert espcially KITE and GONE and of course BAD!

It wouldn't hurt to take the video to the place you bought it and return for another copy in the meantime if no one else here notes a problem.......

Is this the DVD? Are you playing it in a regular DVD player, or a DVD-ROM on your computer?

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

With or Without You has only sounded great live on the Rattle and Humm video. I think it has been fairly weak on Sydney, Mexico, and now Boston...of course I am comparing this to other songs that sound unbelievably great...

Off the new video, I think Beautiful Day, Gone, Kite, and the new remake of Fly sound the best...

I'll try and explain the problem..... Basically on the first 3 to 4 songs the vocals are ok however after that the delay in the vocals are very irritating. It might be teh venue and placing of the microphones etc... BUT it does my head in!!!! I will bring it back to the shop as it might be the tape but I dont want to look a fool!

I do agree WOWY isnt as good as Rattle and Hum but I will say Bullet the Blue Sky is at its best ever.

Thanks Guys

I would also agree Tim - I usually do not like Bullet that much, however on the Boston DVD it sounds the best of any of the concert films and even the album. I can't say I agree with the anti-gun video propoganda, but the boys kick some serious arse here...

The Boston DVD, as a whole, may be the best U2 Concert Film yet - but it will take time to see. The only songs I usually skip are Desire and WOWY (sacriledge I know - but Bono is sort of boring just laying there with that girl through most of the song)

Fly still just blows me away - I like Bono singing the chorus in his normal voice as opposed to the usuall falsetto...

Back
Top Bottom