Elevation Tour Version of The Fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I just love listening to Edge's little intro. It's so completely beautiful. The rest is great too, of course, but the intro does me in every time.

it's beautiful. my mp3 of the fly from elevation is probably the most listened to mp3 in my collection.

first time I can can remember them changing the key to a song too.

When I was at a concert and heard it the first time, the way they did the beginning, I still recognized it and loved it. I loved the way they did the whole thing. But there was this yuppie guy sitting behind me and when it started he whispers to his wife "this is that song Grace" and I said, "no, it's The Fly" and he insisted, "no, it's a new song called Grace" and I almost laughed. I was of course vindicated when it kicked in.

Wertsie I love your sig! :D

Tabby said:
When I was at a concert and heard it the first time, the way they did the beginning, I still recognized it and loved it. I loved the way they did the whole thing. But there was this yuppie guy sitting behind me and when it started he whispers to his wife "this is that song Grace" and I said, "no, it's The Fly" and he insisted, "no, it's a new song called Grace" and I almost laughed. I was of course vindicated when it kicked in.

Wertsie I love your sig! :D

:happy: Thanks!

You know, when I first heard the intro in Detroit, I couldn't for the life of me figure what what song it was...But then as they got into it, I was like, "Oh...." :lol:

I just love the "Elevation-version" of the song.
It was great, that The Edge was playing the guitar riff of "Ultra Violet" while Bono was singing the chorus.
"The Fly" and "Ultra Violet" were once just one song.(I am sure that most of you knew that before :yes:) It was great to hear parts of both songs being played together.:heart:

Last edited:
the best...

I love, love, love the elevation version of The Fly. :heart::yes:
I wasn't even that crazy about the song until I heard it live...Edge is amazing. It's one of my very favorites now. :)

Simply amazing, I think it's even more powerful than the original version. I like the longer introduction and buildup, seems to have even more bounce to it than the original and the original is fantastic too.

I think they should try this type of thing on a few of there other songs!

NYD or EBTTRT to name a couple.

zoocarolina said:
Simply amazing, I think it's even more powerful than the original version. I like the longer introduction and buildup, seems to have even more bounce to it than the original and the original is fantastic too.

I think they should try this type of thing on a few of there other songs!

NYD or EBTTRT to name a couple.

:yes: :up: Now there's a great idea!

The Fly never worked that well live for me
I can hardly make up the guitar part anymore (except for the solo)
and Bono doesn't sound half as good as on the album version

I did miss the falsetto, but I really liked the elevation version nonetheless. I especially love it on the Boston DVD.

A Maaaaaaan said:
"The Fly" and "Ultra Violet" were once just one song.(I am sure that most of you knew that before :yes:) It was great to hear parts of both songs being played together.:heart:

Lady With the Spinning Head.

I have to agree with wertsie about the song's intro. Watching it on the DVD always puts chills down my spine. There couldn't be a better intro for what may be their best song.

(Yes, I wasn't at the tour, but I WILL be at the next one now that I'm old enough to take the two-three hour drive to the stadium by myself)

BigMacPhisto said:

(Yes, I wasn't at the tour, but I WILL be at the next one now that I'm old enough to take the two-three hour drive to the stadium by myself)

:up: You will have the time of your life! :happy:

I had my greatest moment of the whole tour during this song when they played it in Atlanta. I was in GA but not the heart. I was back at the boards getting ready to get a sip of Coke when I heard a heck of a commotion maybe two yards away from me. I looked and damn if it wasn't Bono being chased by the security guys! He'd jumped off of the stage and looked like he was going for the gold in the Olympic 100-meter dash! Good grief! The biggest rock star on the planet had damn near crashed into me! I was so shocked I was completely speechless. Wow.......:heart: :heart: :heart: :silent:

Oddly I dont like the Elevation version that mucn. Love the album version and the Zoo Tv versions, but I'm not that into the Elevation version. Good to see some people like it though.

JOFO said:
first time I can can remember them changing the key to a song too.

They played Wake up Dead Man, Sunday BLoody Sunday, Pride + Staring at the Sun (when played with discotheque) in different keys to previous live performances on the Elevation tour.

Back
Top Bottom