Elevation Tour memory lane train....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I started this sort of thread after the first leg of the tour and have since myself seen some shows.
Now the current tour is finally over, what were the moments for you that will always stay with you? The memories that mean so much to you?

I just wrote a little of this in U2kittens survey(sorry those who read it there), but I'd like to hear all about your special Elevation Tour memories as I know many of us here have had SO many.

For me, lining up at London was actually a great experience and hanging out with some really wonderful British,and American people that day who helped me out when I almost didnt get my wrist band after lining up since 8am.
Those guys who rang ticketmaster for me, Pat, Ed and the others who held my spot in line..just really wonderful people.

At the 3rd night Earls show as The FLy went off and sequed into Mysterious Ways, I leant over, totally pumped and grabbed the arm of Paul from Sydney who sold me that ticket and just screamed with a huge grin on my face "thank you!!". That moment made me really happy.

Bouncing to the Elevation hoo hoos with the crowd was just an awesome feeling.

In the Slane dark, with the thousands of fans and amazing feeling of what we'd just experienced, at the start of Walk On, my wonderful friend frogbat leans over and put his arm around me and my other wonderful friend fritzy, and we all stood there together, arm in arm, singing along to Walk On.
It was incredible and I dont think I'll ever forget that moment.Thanks for being such a great friend froggie. I majorly miss you around here
frown.gif

I don't think I'll ever forget those people. The people, the music, the band make up what ends up being a brilliant experience of a life time.
Meeting frogbat, Pom frog, Fritzy, Lazyboy, Crzy4bono, Whiteflag, JennyLou, AM, Zoomerang 11 and ladywiththespinninghead was something I'll never forget.

Lastly, it wasnt a show I was at but I was a part of the experience of Notre Dame.
I sat in a chat room that night with those same Dublin friends plus some more. I also watched that concert with my best friend in the whole world, Craig.
Watching that and feeling the passion of that gig was something I'll never forget, and sharing it with a very special friend whom I may never have been able to go to a U2 concert with was something I shall treasure forever.

Thanks to all those incredible friends, fans and especially U2 for a marvellously generous and hard kickin tour.

Please share your fave stories guys.

I get FLAMED by certain people in here (Zooropamanda just quitely) when I mention my time at Slane, so I will keep my mouth shut!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

hahahahaha

oh Im not allowed to laugh that much...
rolleyes.gif

C'Mon! I wanna hear all about your best memories!
I dont mind hearing about how you pushed poor defenseless girls out of the way to get your paws on Bono..
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, PLEASE post your tour memories, I wanna hear!

Originally posted by zooropamanda:

I dont mind hearing about how you pushed poor defenseless girls out of the way to get your paws on Bono..
biggrin.gif

That little comment aimed at me is a fabrication...

I know...
frown.gif

------------------

no...nevermind...

------------------

Oh SLane 2-I went there and it was great from start to finish, walking past the burger stands and singing along to the music were playing, standing REAL close to the stage ALL day waiting for u2, singing to the u2 songs, walking back to my car and it was about 4 miles from SLane town becuase my dad parked in a field and didnt wanna pay to park the car somewhere
frown.gif
having an emergency poncho, meeting the 2 monaghan men after the show, even listening to the man tlka after the show who said "Ladies and gentlemen can i have your attention please, there are 2 main exits...." watching the fireworks, singing the u2 songs with my Dad and Sister, during with or without you when my dad screamed aaah my hairs on fire, also when u2 came on when my Dad shouted Bosco instead of Bono as a joke, driving to and from SLane from my house in Belfast singing to u2's songs and Queens song-Seven Seas Of Rhye
biggrin.gif

So thats my really boring memory of my u2 concert
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare

miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)

Calgary#1 (First leg) - Just the sheer excitement of getting into the heart for the first time and being less than 10 feet from the stage.

LA#1, wrapping my arms around my sweetie and slow dancing to Stuck In A Moment.

LA#1 and #3 - listening to One and watching the names of those lost scrolling on the screen and around the arena

Hearing Bono talk about his dad before playing Kite.

So many more...

mmm, being in some kind of trance (well that's the way my gf describes it
biggrin.gif
) for the first 5 songs

me and my gf both getting goosebumps when playing Streets from the Boston DVD and just marvel at the fact how great this band is live

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

first time in the heart last june- what an amazing feeling, one that can never be replicated.

going to london and dublin, and seeing U2 in a completely different context (on the day that bono's father passed away, and in their home country).

seeing the names of Sept. 11th victims scroll during "One" at the MSG 10/24 show. the first time i ever cried at a concert.

larry's birthday show on halloween, and the final show in miami- both were very special, and i feel blessed to have been there.

and finally, meeting wonderful fans from all around the world- some of whom i hope to remain friends with for a looong time.

i have had the most wonderful, crazy, and fun six months of my life. thank you, U2.
smile.gif

Meeting Zoomanda!
tongue.gif

Awww shuks, I have so many stupid things that meant so much to me from the 3 gigs I went to.

London-Cool people in the stupid "queue for tickets you payed for 2 months ago" scene.

-My best friends reaction to the concert. His first ever gig. The whole gig. Meeting lotsa cool people, people taking pics of us with the Irish jerseys and Irish flag during SBS in the heart, that was gas
biggrin.gif

-Lotsa stuff, the whole gig. Bono acknowledging me, lol, "oooh, he's looking at me" ya, ahahaha. He did though! hehe, well actually that was spooky, during kite, the whole song. Stopped me jumping like a kangaroo anyway, for that song, then back to pogo land!

Slane1-Meetin Frog,Zoomanda(ahem, u guys made a lovely couple
wink.gif
) Jenny, Whiteflag, and the others I shoulda talked to more but was drunk-AM, Gorby, Crzy, Fritzy, ZoomerangII, britfrog, and the rest, all really nice friendly people!

-The gig, hahaha! Whoaaaaa! Lotsa stuff.

Slane2-The day was just fantastic, couldn't have been much better. Not gettin split up from friends cause we got in the pit and they didn't get crushed alive. IRELAND BEATIN HOLLAND! Yep, it was part of the support acts, so there!
tongue.gif

Can I just post my 3 longs dull diaries again? Hehe, ah twas great, and at least I have photos and the memories wrote down, and hopefully some feckin videos soon, to keep those memories fresh
smile.gif

Birmingham (15th) - Hearin Sunday BLoody Sunday,

London (19th)- Shouting "SNAP" while playing a very exiting game of snap in the queue.

Bullet the Blue Sky. Getting so damn close to the band. Trying to get a mexican wave started

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

Well this tour was simply amazing for me. I had only seen U2 twice before and both times I was no where near the stage. I was so excited to have the opportunity to be so close to them after all these years!

Oakland was awesome. I met spanisheyes, debbiesg and Zoogrl in the GA line. The concert was incredible and at points all I could do was stand there in in awe of Bono being less than 10 feet away from me. It was just surreal to me.

But the highlight of the tour for me was Vegas. The show was amazing from the Heart. I felt like I was in dreamland. I had such a great time and met so many special people... especially my sistah LarryMullen's_POPAngel and my noodle HelloAngel. LikeO2, Angel, Disco, eliv8, luvlady, Mrs.Edge, Elvis, moonie, Danospano, martha, U2Flame.. wahhh there's just too many to name! They're all awesome. db9 (..mm how could I forget!).

We had some fun fun times in the GA line and at the Hard Rock. Experiences I will never forget and I feel really lucky to have met such great people!

Thank you U2!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

i remember in Philadelphia some guy in a haze of drugs/alcohol standing in the middle of GA, urinating during With or Without You... for the whole fucking song!!!!!!

I also remember the shows I attended being incredibly intense, emotional experiences

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
i remember in Philadelphia some guy in a haze of drugs/alcohol standing in the middle of GA, urinating during With or Without You... for the whole fucking song!!!!!!

No way!!
eek.gif

and he seemed surprised when security came and dragged him away

the funniest thing during this though, ah, maybe I shouldnt even say, but well, as he was doing this some guy walked past him and actually walked right into his, what shall I call it, um, junk... and his daughter too, but I don't think they realized it... though, I don't know how that could be because he was still pissing away at this point

scoring eight tickets for my friends and I (4 nosebleeds and 4 GA) from ticketmaster.com on the day of the Hartford show was excellent. doing the same for new jersey was nice too.

and getting caught bootlegging NYC #1 was memorable.

as was meeting the brunette from 'sex and the city' after nyc
icon26.gif

Originally posted by The Wanderer:

I also remember the shows I attended being incredibly intense, emotional experiences

HAHA! I was so lucky though that in the 3 shows I attended, many many pukers were around. London, there was alot os Scots in the heart, and man were they pissed outta their skulls, and every time 1 of them got really excited(streets got a whole new effect) he spewed. At both slanes it was like pukefest2001, my friend even stood in it to gain some room, lol.

Don't think I spotted a serial pisser though, although I'm pretty sure most of the people at slane had some1 near them who was unawares of his incontinence
biggrin.gif

reading through these gave me teary eyes... so sad it's over but so great to reflect on the memories and realize what an awesome tour this was--my very first U2 tour.

Im79077.jpg

This is what I'll never forget--Houston, TX April 2nd, my very first U2 show, and my opportunity to dance with Bono during 'Bad'. The fact that I can't recall it happening doesn't even phase me anymore, because I look at the pictures and remember the feeling... it was my moment of emotional outpour.

San Jose night 1: I remember rushing from a previous vacation destination to be able to experience the highlight of the trip. Travling from Louisiana to California for U2 is a memory in itself, because I honestly would never have thought I would be given that opportunity. I met lots of great people at the show.

San Jose night 2: Just when I thought night 1 couldn't be beat, San Jose April 20th comes along. This show was incredible, and if it weren't for Christian (aka elevation) then I wouldn't have even been there. I thank him for my ticket and it was great having his company during the show. I met spanisheyes that night along with DebbieSG. Two great U2 fans... I remember Chris calling me over from the front row of the heart to find that he had the setlist in his hands, and then I read it: "Kite"... whooo hoooo we proceeded to get all excited. Seeing 'Kite' performed for the first time in U2 live history was amazing.

Austin, TX November 2nd: This was my first show to experience from seats, and no it was no heart, but it didn't stand in my way of having a tremendous show... I had a great seat, 9th row--but it actually ended up being 5 rows up due to the small size of the Frank Erwin Center. I met multiple people from Interference. ABEL with all her hugs, Kelvin whom I ran into chat only a week before the show and was able to sell him one of my extra tickets. Mullen-Girl once again--I was able to meet her after my ultimate elevation experience in Houston. z edge who was a riot... I will not soon forget his most hilarious drunken state. Who ever knew that z edge, Larry's dog, turns into a philosopher after a few drinks? Deep stuff, man. Like O2, Eva, lylas, anyone I may have accidentally overlooked... everyone was so cool. Last but certainly not least EdgeVox. Thanks for the swirly feeling you left in my tummy
wink.gif

Meeting Dallas Schoo the night before the show at Fado's Irish Pub was, well... wow. And him actually remembering my face calls for another "wow".

There are so many moments... all of the great fans I was able to meet made up a large part of the excitement. I can't wait until the next tour when I am able to once again feel "normal" around all of those who understand
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Achtung_Bebe (edited 12-08-2001).]

Originally posted by NShaik:
Birmingham (15th) - Hearin Sunday BLoody Sunday,

That was rather good. What was also funny was the temporary seating swaying during UTEOTW! That moment of realisation when people turned to each other and went "umm... this is moving, isn't it?!" hehe

*First getting to meet so many interferencers from all over -- you guys are all really special!

*Beginning a career in band stalking which was quickly thwarted by Bono. But I DID get Adams autograph (and shared a smile
smile.gif
) and Larry's.

*Listening to rehearsals through the doors of the Miami arena with a group of fans, watching Edge on screen one night and Bono the next.

*Bursting into the heart at the opening show in Sunset, realizing we were IN THE HEART and jumping up and down, not believing how close we were.

*Pogoing to Elevation at the first show...and singing to every song with the whole audience.

*Feeling the vibe at the Oakland2 show...

Lots more, precious moments and the entirety of 20,000 standing in unison. Did U2 ever imagine they would actually ELEVATE people with this show? Singing "woohoo" at a concert will never be the same again.

This tour was fantastic. There's not enough time in the day to talk about all the wonderful things that happened. (OK, maybe I should say I won't bore you all with my stories!
biggrin.gif
)

My favorite memory: Bono looking down at me in Las Vegas and saying (something like), "OK, I'll bring you up. I'll pull you up here."

Saddest memory: He forgot to.

*sobs*

I had a great time meeting people though--Sula and spanisheyes were great fun to hang around with in line!! Can't wait til next time.

Just remembered some more.

LA#1 - Turning around in the heart during Streets, and seeing every single person, even way up in the seats, jumping, dancing, moving and singing to the music.

LA#1 and #3 - hearing an arena full of people singing Pride.

All of the shows were great, but the standouts for me were meeting all of you nutty people.
smile.gif

Slane was an awesome experience, just to see U2 in their homeland, and of course have another excuse to go to Ireland again and drag my husband along... and meeting all of you guys - Zooropamanda, the two frogs, ZoomII, lazyboy, Jenny, Gorby, Fritzy and Mr. Fritzy, Liffey, AM, whiteflag - what a great bunch of folks and a great time, even on lots of beers and no sleep. Definitely the best experience - but each show had its moment! I usually ended up having almost as much fun waiting in line as I did at the shows - what a great vibe U2 fans can put together!

Ahhh here's to next time...

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Favorite memory (well, of MANY, MANY, MANY)

Bono reminding me (and all the others) that God is love, God is not hate at just the right moment in my life Sunday, Decemeber 2, 2001 in Miami...one of the most powerful moments I've ever experienced, the arena was silent when he said that which leaves me to doubt that anyone missed the message.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
[B
*Pogoing to Elevation at the first show...and singing to every song with the whole audience.

Singing "woohoo" at a concert will never be the same again.[/B]

biggrin.gif
Sure understand that one Debbie

These are great guys
*sigh*
Keep them coming

Oh and lazybum, what the hell are u on about Ronan Lover.You're lucky he aint around to read that lil comment. Maybe I'll post it elsewhere
tongue.gif

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Favorite memory (well, of MANY, MANY, MANY)

Bono reminding me (and all the others) that God is love, God is not hate at just the right moment in my life Sunday, Decemeber 2, 2001 in Miami...one of the most powerful moments I've ever experienced, the arena was silent when he said that which leaves me to doubt that anyone missed the message.

So glad he got that message out! And all those hallelujahs...Bono was clear in declaring his faith this time out
smile.gif
!

Back
Top Bottom