Elevation Tour memory lane train.... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2001, 10:26 PM   #16
Kid A

Local Time: 07:51 AM
i remember in Philadelphia some guy in a haze of drugs/alcohol standing in the middle of GA, urinating during With or Without You... for the whole fucking song!!!!!!

I also remember the shows I attended being incredibly intense, emotional experiences

Old 12-07-2001, 10:37 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
i remember in Philadelphia some guy in a haze of drugs/alcohol standing in the middle of GA, urinating during With or Without You... for the whole fucking song!!!!!!
No way!!

Old 12-07-2001, 10:57 PM   #18
Kid A

and he seemed surprised when security came and dragged him away

the funniest thing during this though, ah, maybe I shouldnt even say, but well, as he was doing this some guy walked past him and actually walked right into his, what shall I call it, um, junk... and his daughter too, but I don't think they realized it... though, I don't know how that could be because he was still pissing away at this point

Old 12-07-2001, 11:05 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:51 AM
Pissing for an entire song is crazy.

Jeez how many beers did he have???
Old 12-07-2001, 11:14 PM   #20
Acrobat

scoring eight tickets for my friends and I (4 nosebleeds and 4 GA) from ticketmaster.com on the day of the Hartford show was excellent. doing the same for new jersey was nice too.

and getting caught bootlegging NYC #1 was memorable.

as was meeting the brunette from 'sex and the city' after nyc

Old 12-08-2001, 08:03 AM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:

I also remember the shows I attended being incredibly intense, emotional experiences

HAHA! I was so lucky though that in the 3 shows I attended, many many pukers were around. London, there was alot os Scots in the heart, and man were they pissed outta their skulls, and every time 1 of them got really excited(streets got a whole new effect) he spewed. At both slanes it was like pukefest2001, my friend even stood in it to gain some room, lol.

Don't think I spotted a serial pisser though, although I'm pretty sure most of the people at slane had some1 near them who was unawares of his incontinence

Old 12-08-2001, 09:32 AM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:51 AM
reading through these gave me teary eyes... so sad it's over but so great to reflect on the memories and realize what an awesome tour this was--my very first U2 tour.

This is what I'll never forget--Houston, TX April 2nd, my very first U2 show, and my opportunity to dance with Bono during 'Bad'. The fact that I can't recall it happening doesn't even phase me anymore, because I look at the pictures and remember the feeling... it was my moment of emotional outpour.

San Jose night 1: I remember rushing from a previous vacation destination to be able to experience the highlight of the trip. Travling from Louisiana to California for U2 is a memory in itself, because I honestly would never have thought I would be given that opportunity. I met lots of great people at the show.

San Jose night 2: Just when I thought night 1 couldn't be beat, San Jose April 20th comes along. This show was incredible, and if it weren't for Christian (aka elevation) then I wouldn't have even been there. I thank him for my ticket and it was great having his company during the show. I met spanisheyes that night along with DebbieSG. Two great U2 fans... I remember Chris calling me over from the front row of the heart to find that he had the setlist in his hands, and then I read it: "Kite"... whooo hoooo we proceeded to get all excited. Seeing 'Kite' performed for the first time in U2 live history was amazing.

Austin, TX November 2nd: This was my first show to experience from seats, and no it was no heart, but it didn't stand in my way of having a tremendous show... I had a great seat, 9th row--but it actually ended up being 5 rows up due to the small size of the Frank Erwin Center. I met multiple people from Interference. ABEL with all her hugs, Kelvin whom I ran into chat only a week before the show and was able to sell him one of my extra tickets. Mullen-Girl once again--I was able to meet her after my ultimate elevation experience in Houston. z edge who was a riot... I will not soon forget his most hilarious drunken state. Who ever knew that z edge, Larry's dog, turns into a philosopher after a few drinks? Deep stuff, man. Like O2, Eva, lylas, anyone I may have accidentally overlooked... everyone was so cool. Last but certainly not least EdgeVox. Thanks for the swirly feeling you left in my tummy

Meeting Dallas Schoo the night before the show at Fado's Irish Pub was, well... wow. And him actually remembering my face calls for another "wow".

There are so many moments... all of the great fans I was able to meet made up a large part of the excitement. I can't wait until the next tour when I am able to once again feel "normal" around all of those who understand

[This message has been edited by Achtung_Bebe (edited 12-08-2001).]
Old 12-08-2001, 08:22 PM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by NShaik:
Birmingham (15th) - Hearin Sunday BLoody Sunday,

That was rather good. What was also funny was the temporary seating swaying during UTEOTW! That moment of realisation when people turned to each other and went "umm... this is moving, isn't it?!" hehe
Old 12-08-2001, 08:59 PM   #24
Refugee

*First getting to meet so many interferencers from all over -- you guys are all really special!

*Beginning a career in band stalking which was quickly thwarted by Bono. But I DID get Adams autograph (and shared a smile ) and Larry's.

*Listening to rehearsals through the doors of the Miami arena with a group of fans, watching Edge on screen one night and Bono the next.

*Bursting into the heart at the opening show in Sunset, realizing we were IN THE HEART and jumping up and down, not believing how close we were.

*Pogoing to Elevation at the first show...and singing to every song with the whole audience.

*Feeling the vibe at the Oakland2 show...

Lots more, precious moments and the entirety of 20,000 standing in unison. Did U2 ever imagine they would actually ELEVATE people with this show? Singing "woohoo" at a concert will never be the same again.
Old 12-08-2001, 09:11 PM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 04:51 AM
This tour was fantastic. There's not enough time in the day to talk about all the wonderful things that happened. (OK, maybe I should say I won't bore you all with my stories! )

My favorite memory: Bono looking down at me in Las Vegas and saying (something like), "OK, I'll bring you up. I'll pull you up here."

Saddest memory: He forgot to.

*sobs*

I had a great time meeting people though--Sula and spanisheyes were great fun to hang around with in line!! Can't wait til next time.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:09 AM   #26
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Just remembered some more.

LA#1 - Turning around in the heart during Streets, and seeing every single person, even way up in the seats, jumping, dancing, moving and singing to the music.

LA#1 and #3 - hearing an arena full of people singing Pride.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:24 AM   #27
Refugee

All of the shows were great, but the standouts for me were meeting all of you nutty people.

Slane was an awesome experience, just to see U2 in their homeland, and of course have another excuse to go to Ireland again and drag my husband along... and meeting all of you guys - Zooropamanda, the two frogs, ZoomII, lazyboy, Jenny, Gorby, Fritzy and Mr. Fritzy, Liffey, AM, whiteflag - what a great bunch of folks and a great time, even on lots of beers and no sleep. Definitely the best experience - but each show had its moment! I usually ended up having almost as much fun waiting in line as I did at the shows - what a great vibe U2 fans can put together!

Ahhh here's to next time...

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com
Old 12-10-2001, 12:32 AM   #28
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Local Time: 08:51 AM
Favorite memory (well, of MANY, MANY, MANY)

Bono reminding me (and all the others) that God is love, God is not hate at just the right moment in my life Sunday, Decemeber 2, 2001 in Miami...one of the most powerful moments I've ever experienced, the arena was silent when he said that which leaves me to doubt that anyone missed the message.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.
Old 12-10-2001, 01:07 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DebbieSG:
[B
*Pogoing to Elevation at the first show...and singing to every song with the whole audience.

Singing "woohoo" at a concert will never be the same again.[/B]
Sure understand that one Debbie

These are great guys
*sigh*
Keep them coming

Oh and lazybum, what the hell are u on about Ronan Lover.You're lucky he aint around to read that lil comment. Maybe I'll post it elsewhere
Old 12-10-2001, 11:48 PM   #30
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by hippyactress:
Favorite memory (well, of MANY, MANY, MANY)

Bono reminding me (and all the others) that God is love, God is not hate at just the right moment in my life Sunday, Decemeber 2, 2001 in Miami...one of the most powerful moments I've ever experienced, the arena was silent when he said that which leaves me to doubt that anyone missed the message.

So glad he got that message out! And all those hallelujahs...Bono was clear in declaring his faith this time out !