Elevation or Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elevation or Vertigo? Choose your favourite

• Elevation

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • Vertigo

Votes: 96 77.4%

• Total voters

MacPhistoPT

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Two "stupid" (in a good way) rock songs with "fun" lyrics. Two songs that are bashed many times...

I'd like to know which of them is favourite here...
choose your favourite and say your reasons.

btw, my vote goes for Elevation

They are both overplayed and they are sometimes a bit annoying.

But I'm sick of Vertigo and I still listen to Elevation many times. And Elevation rocked more at my show... and Elevation is older than Vertigo so it is probably more overplayed, but I still prefer it...

WHOooo - HOOOOOOOOOOoooo

Elevation is the second worst song U2 has ever done, the worst song is Big girls are best

Most of Vertigo's lyrics hit home to me, Vertigo wins by a large margin

Elevation all the way. I think Vertigo is/was overplayed.

Elevation rocked at my show too. Veritgo has the catchy "Hello, Hello" but Elevation has the catchier "WHOO-HOO! HOOOOO-HOO-OO!"

vertigo blows elevation away...vertigo, besides being a great hard rocker, is a great song...period

In the past i would have said elevation, but recently i've become kind of bored with it, while i still love vertigo.

Vertigo, it's the lesser of two evils. I find it less annoying than Elevation and its nice and fast and over quick. I think it was a good song to get non-U2 fans into U2. It also proved these 40+ guys can still rock.

Heeee, well my vote went for Vertigo, although I really love both songs a lot. And I might say that, although they share the qualities mentioned, I get a very different feeling from both songs.

Elevation, to me, is closer to a love song, or a plead to someone "lift me up out of these blues" and it has some sexiness in it as well :yes:

Vertigo to me is more, like Bono said, paranoia, meaning you really want to get out of somewhere and you have this oppressive feeling, which, btw, reminds me of Boy. I, as a teenager, feel more identified with it, I guess that's why I like it the most... and the guitar riff :drool: I really can't explian, well, you know what I mean :wink: I also feel it more religious in a way... although, as we all know, with U2 you can't tell if a song's exclusively about women or God :)

i voted Vertigo, but what's with all the Elevation bashing?

haha the lyrics stink really bad, but I love the beat and rhythm of the song so much!...makes me wanna jump and dance around

lol two rocking songs about getting high (Elevation) and getting dizzy from it (Vertigo)...U2 should write another one

I actually like Vertigo but my vote goes for Elevation because i don't mind listening to that song more than once in a day. Vertigo is good for 1 time a day

I can hear Vertigo from the Twickenham broadcast like 400 times ina row... :rockon:

elevation is good.. but not THAT good

I like them both a lot - it was a hard choice for me. But I had to go with Elevation, because when ATYCLB came out, that was my fave song, and I love to hear it over & over and loud...

First, Vertigo has what Edge has called an 'eternal riff' that seems like its always been around. Elevation doesn't.

Second, the bass in Vertigo is far better than in Elevation. How cool is the bit when they extend the ending to Vertigo in concert.

Third, vertigo is used to open and close concerts. Elevation isn't that versatile, it would be so weird to close a show with it.

I'm torn on this one, I loved elevation on the album, but not so keen on the single,

whereas Vertigo just rocks all the way...

Vertigo for me then. (but only just)

I voted Elevation just because I think it should be a little closer race...:wink:

Elevation's great, but it gets old by the end; Vertigo rocks straight on through!

Okay Elevation-Has Whoo Whoo, cool guitar, and has alot of magic live

Vertigo-Has Hello hello, cool bass, and has the magic to be played live twice

Damn this is hard, Elevation i guess i have to go with

Back
Top Bottom