elevation msg show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mucho traffico

Acrobat
ok i remember hearing about a great elevation show from ny msg. can anyone remember what show it was. i know they are all great! but this one stood out
cheers

I was there. At the end of the show they brought out a couple dozen NYC Firefighters and let them parade around the heart. (Bono later said on Letterman that the firefighters 'rushed' the stage.) The firefighters put a hat on Bono and draped him first with the Irish flag, then with the American flag. Then Bono turned the stage over to them, and they all got to say something. One of them said something to the effect of, "My brother was a musician. He was also a firefighter. He lost his life on 9/11. His big dream was to play Madison Square Garden one day. So I'm on this stage for him." Bono was really touched by that, as was everyone else. It was really amazing.

I know there's pictures of Bono wearing the hat and the flags, you could check Otto's website at www.u2photos.com - I'm sure he has a few of them. Or just ask PLEBA for them. :wink:

Here are the ones I took, from the 4th row. From the back of the venue. ;) In the first one you can see Bono (or just trust me, it's him) leading the line with a guitar. They sang a song, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. (The firefighters didn't actually sing it.) I want to say it was "Out of Control" but that just doesn't sound right.
U2%20MSG3g.jpg

U2%20MSG3f.jpg

did they also change they lyrics in pride, ala "early morning, september 11; a shot rings out in the ny sky"?
and also show video of the twin towers?

I thought I remember hearing that.

Back
Top Bottom