Elevation is played before the opening tip of every NJ Nets game......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
Just thought I would pass this along. They play it at the start of every game, and considering the Netsies are the best team in the Eastern Conference this year, maybe the song is giving them a bit of luck!

I could totally see Elevation being an Sports Arena Rock anthem of the next decade, could anyone else?

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

I was going to mention that too! Best part of the game I attended. Unfortunately, the Nets won.

Yelling "Woo Hoo" in a crowd of Nets fans sitting in seats complimentary of the visitng team earned me a few odd looks. The looks became a bit fierce as I began to cheer for the visitors....

Did I say "crowd" refering to a Nets game? Ha.

They played it during the home games for the Seattle Mariners in 2001. Pretty cool to hear tens of thousands of people singing the "ooh ooh" part along with the song!

Something else I noticed....

Hometowner Bruce Springsteen has a banner in the rafters for his string of 15 or so sold out performances at the arena sometime in the late 90's.

I think U2 needs a banner too! They haven't had 15 straight, but over the years, they probably have sold out that arena at least 20 times.

*goes to check out how many times they have played there*

Back
Top Bottom