"Elevation 2001: U2 Live From Boston" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am partial to them both.

I Will Follow on Boston always gets me, when Bono starts singing, "Boston, Lift me Up on Your Shoulders, Take Me to a Place Where We'll Never Grow Older." Boston has such strong ties to U2 and it is a pretty magical moment.

Slane is a much more free-styling atmosphere and more fun to watch. The moment in "All I Want is You" when Bono gets hit by a water balloon is hilarious.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I love Bad/40, but All I Want is You -> Streets gives me chills every time.

I suppose I probably didn't adequately make my position clear. As a general rule, I think Bad/40 was a better segue than AIWIY, but the Slane AIWIY --> Streets segue is pretty impressive while the Boston Bad/40 --> Streets segue isn't quite there, so in that particular instance, I'd probably say the Slane DVD is better despite having the generally inferior segue.

silvrlvr said:
I Will Follow on Boston always gets me, when Bono starts singing, "Boston, Lift me Up on Your Shoulders, Take Me to a Place Where We'll Never Grow Older." Boston has such strong ties to U2 and it is a pretty magical moment.

I honestly really dislike that part. It feels like they took I Will Follow and turned it from a 100m sprint to a dawdle through the park.

That said, I prefer Boston's IWF to Slane's OOC.

Nube Gris said:
dont like Bono's mood on Slane...he seems like too much at home, kind of his backyard....i dont know...especially on Angel of Harlem
I like Boston more
You just don't like Slane because Bono looks like a fish for the second half of the concert.

Boston Elevation was sooooo underappreciated.

That show, more than any album, got me into U2. And I'll love it forever. :heart:

LemonMelon said:
Boston Elevation was sooooo underappreciated.

That show, more than any album, got me into U2. And I'll love it forever. :heart:

Now u see how the thing is ironic , I'm not tha biggest fan of it neither the tour , but yes it's the video who 1st introduced what was u2 live ........... and seeing Edge perform Streets

THAT GOT ME INTO GUITARS

J_NP said:

Now u see how the thing is ironic , I'm not tha biggest fan of it neither the tour , but yes it's the video who 1st introduced what was u2 live ........... and seeing Edge perform Streets

THAT GOT ME INTO GUITARS

:rockon:

This show was clearly magic! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom