elevate my soul...Dallas Elevation Nov 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popsadie

Acrobat
It's nearly May and I am still feeling the effects of the Nov 25 Dallas show. This was the third and last stop on my Elevation journey, and this time I got to see it in the heart with my best childhood friend.
The entire show was electricity. Elevation fired off an electrical storm that lasted a little over two hours. The band has talked about feeling like God was in the house...and though I know it might seem inappriate.. that night that is what it felt like. By the time Streets had come on..I was so caught up in the fire of the night that I found myself screaming the psalm Bono recited during Streets...and falling to my knees during I Still Haven't Found.
Although I hadn't slept in over 30 hours, by the time U2 hit New York in their setlist..I was wired beyond description. As the last whispers of "New York" faded into the opening notes of One, I felt a warmth rush over my body. I grabbed the hand of my best friend as I sang and watched the names of the victims cascade down the screen. We raised our hands high and I grabbed the hand of a U2 fan next to me..and when he did the same, a small chain was formed. That night I felt a connection..to man, to God, to Love that I hadn't realized in a good time. It was as if my heart finally "got it", and as my prayer to God turned into Walk On, I joined in with the 20,000 strong Dallas choir in Halleleujah's to our maker....Dallas was a night I will never forget.

it's weird you mention this, when I was at the Elevation show in Philadelphia last June, some drunk ass fool urinated for nearly the entire length of With or Without You, until security finally came and pulled him out, he was genuinely surprised to see them, said it wasn't him... it was dispicable and hilarious and the same time, and kind of ruined the spirit of the song, man, that's quite a different story to the one you shared!!!!

No The Wanderer, that wasn't me in Philly.

Popsadie, I was there in the heart with you-sort of, and I'm from norman too.

Imo, Dallas was the pinnacle of the 4 show I was able to see. We all knew this was it, no more, all the labor of love to be over in just a few hours. Atlanta was the most exciting, because it was the first show of four and our first time in 4 years to see them. Also, we had never been so close to them before and it blew us away.

But Dallas was the climax, and we knew we had to savor every moment because it was going to end.

Great GREAT show it was. Out of Control, In God's Country, Whats Going On, Wild Horses-bonuses we hadn't heard the first leg (esp OOC and IGC!!!!)! And the emotional ending of One and Walk On had 20,000 voices.

Truly amazing

Unbelieveable

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom