Electrical Storm - what a dark beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a musician (in the broadest sense of the word), ES would be very acheivable live, so I see no reason why they cant try it out. Maybe one day eh!

Not that I love that line, but I've never found it to be as bad as many around here do, it's ES and Kite as their top songs this decade for me.

Ill never forget when it came out, still feels like that time when listen to it!!!:drool:

I agree very much with all of you "haunting" but what I like most about it is the melody, certainly in the orbit mix or whatever it is, but when both the guitar and Bono explode into "let's see colors that'll never been seen..." (think that's what he says" and the guitar really coming in there, I do wish they had this live, but I really tihnk they'd have to keep all the bells and whistles to keep the explosions ect...the edge can do it all at once...you know that...take care all

"If the sky can crack, there must be some way back" You know that feeling. There MUST be SOME way back....

Ah, yes. If I'm in just the right mood, this song actually makes me cry.

Electrical Storm i love that song it's a real beauty,can't wait to hear it live one day. Love the videoclip to.

I've been listening to this song a lot lately...so fucking good. I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer the Orbit mix.

It may find a place in my top 20 soon!

The BBC mix(the one that was released before any of the official versions) where the riff in the chorus is 'notes' instead of chords is, imo, the best mix of this song.

I think Laz said it best: good instrumentation, powerful bridge, but the rest of the song lacks something. And I personally find the lyrics to be a mixed bag. "Heavy as a truck" is just stupid, though.

The Orbit mix is utter shit.

The song was the first one after Elevation tour to show that Bono's voice was on its way back. Realy good vocal performence on the song. Would be great uf they would play it live next tour, Bono singing the "hey yeah" in the end of the song with his 2008 voice :drool:

lazarus said:
Music's not bad, but the verses don't have 1/4 the power of the bridge "In my mind...", and the "Electrical storm" chorus is anticlimactic after the bridge.

Lyrics are AWFUL, and I'm glad they didn't save it for The Bomb.

Best thing I can say is that it isn't boring like The Hands that Built America.

I happen to really like The Hands That Built America.

namkcuR said:
The BBC mix(the one that was released before any of the official versions) where the riff in the chorus is 'notes' instead of chords is, imo, the best mix of this song.

I used to like it the most but now I like the Orbit mix the most. Grew on me over the years.

Orbit version never grew on me, love the original version b/c there's more guitar in it.

Great song, it loses a little during the bridge and after but its great.

you're on my mind, all of the time, I know that's not enough...

boy do I feel that way too often. like now.

I also really love the phrase "swimming in the sound." Really, this song has some killer lyrics.

the only shitty part of this song is the bridge, but the HEYYYYYYYY after it makes you forget that what he was singing was dumb, because you're all, whoa, this is awesome :drool:

Definitely a great song, I remember listening to it nonstop when it first came out...

thanks to this thread for reminding me of it :up:

Back
Top Bottom