Electrical Storm on HTDAAB??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshua87

Acrobat
Does anyone else here think that Electrical Storm should have been saved for HTDAAB? I put it inbetween miracle drug and SYCMIOYO earlier and it flowed great. I think with Electrical Storm it could possibly rival AB as U2s most complete album. Thoughts anyone??

i haven;t heard the album yet 'cause I am waiting for x-mas but i DO THINK THAT ELECTRICAL Storm is a great song for any album.

It could have been a 12th song and would have fit in with the theme of love and woman and man. Sort of like Man and a Woman, just on steroids. I could see it being on the second half of the album.

I kind of think Crumbs From Your Table sounds like a distant cousin of Electrical Storm in places - probably on the production side of things more than anything else. City Of Blinding Lights also has a 'choking' guitar piece similar that reminds me of Electrical Storm.

Electrical Storm (orbit) for Yahweh, Xanax and Wine for One Step Closer, get rid of fast cars, and the album would have easily been rated 4 1/2 or 5 stars by most rock mags

reggiethedawg said:
I kind of think Crumbs From Your Table sounds like a distant cousin of Electrical Storm in places - probably on the production side of things more than anything else. City Of Blinding Lights also has a 'choking' guitar piece similar that reminds me of Electrical Storm.

the parent of Electrical Storm and Crumbs are one and the same

reggiethedawg said:

Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. I love them both. I have grown to like the Orbit mix more than the actual band version though!

God Part III said:

Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. I love them both. I have grown to like the Orbit mix more than the actual band version though!

same, originally i liked the band version, but now the orbit mix is my favourite by far, gives it a lot more depth, emotion

I have 2 say it - but Electrical Storm really left me cold. It was like U2 by numbers. I was quite surprised actually, as it's been a long, long loooooooong (u get the picture!) time since I've disliked a U2 track enough 2 NOT want 2 listen 2 it.

So personally, nah, I'll take my copy as tracked thanx!

My 2c

I don't think it would have fit in with the rest of the album, but that's my opinion.

The one track I never listen to is The Hands That Built America, I just can't stand that song. I also think that Stuck In A Moment has to be the most overrated song of U2's career, I really didn't understand the whole euphoria behind it.

ATYCLB was okay but lacked any real excitement, at HTDAAB has brought back that sense of fun and energy, but there is no way it is anywhere near as good as AB or JT.

I put Electrical Storm right after Sometimes you can't make on your own on a playlist and they blend together perfectly, the same tones are played at the end of Electrical Storm and at the begining of Sometimes you can't make on your own, I don't think they were meant for the same CD, but would be a great live combo, much like Until the end of the world and New Years Day back to back.

Electrical Storm should have definitely been saved for the Bomb. No doubt about it. It would have really added another dimension to the album.

bananacologne said:
I have 2 say it - but Electrical Storm really left me cold. It was like U2 by numbers. I was quite surprised actually, as it's been a long, long loooooooong (u get the picture!) time since I've disliked a U2 track enough 2 NOT want 2 listen 2 it.

So personally, nah, I'll take my copy as tracked thanx!

My 2c

if u think that they r noooo longer innovative then i'm sure bono wud like 2 have a few wirds 4 u & may-b the edge 2.

I didn't care for the song much. It definitely belonged on a Best Of. It was a weak track. Those who like Electrical Storm can hear it in COBL.

I would put "Electrical Storm" on Bomb if only to get it off The Best of 1990-2000.

God knows there were too many good songs in that decade to waste running length on two tracks from 2002.

Electrical Storm is a weak song with no real direction...In comparison to all the songs on this album. If it were featured on this album it would really stand out as a weak track.

I really like Electrical Storm and think it would fit nicely on HTDAAB. In fact, I would take out Miracle Drug, COBL and Yahweh - the three tracks I like the least - and replace them with ES, Fast Cars and Are You Gonna Wait Forever. Hmmm, maybe I should burn myself an "improved" version of HTDAAB.

It doesn't fit thematically - the album is about mortality, death, Bono's father, and it has political songs. Only one "love" song in A man and woman.

Electrical storm is basically a love song. Plus it would be too similar with Crumbs from your table.

Does it have the word KNEEL in the song? I cant remember, but it seems like it would have to have, to continue this albums tradition if it was going to be included!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom